Halo Keep The Legend Alive: Anti-Infinity Campaign

Will you join us and help save the core of Halo?

• Total voters

Squally DaBeanz

Big Jerk
Jan 9, 2013
As many of you are well aware, 343i has recently announced that Legendary BRs, as well as the new "Team Slayer" will be added into the standard 4V4 Slayer playlist soon. This has many people excited, myself included. Legendary BRs will provide a classic Halo experience that has been absent from Halo 4 for too long. On the other hand, Team Slayer will provide a nice middle ground, allowing personal loadouts but removing the randomness and chaos of random and personal ordnance.

This is a change that has long been needed in the realm that is Halo 4 matchmaking. With these coming additions, I have a proposition for the Halo community. A campaign, really, against the randomness and chaos of Infinity settings. When these new gametypes go live, I want to see people voting for either Legendary BRs or regular Team Slayer instead of Infinity Slayer. Here is why:

343 believes they know what is best for Halo. While they have done some things right, they have also done many things wrong, and we as a community need to get that message across in a way they can't ignore. Currently, 343 is looking to consolidate playlists, and make things more condensed and streamlined when looking for a match to play. They are basing their judgments on the numbers they see. Playlist populations, hours played in certain playlists, consecutive hours played, maps and gametypes voted for, etc.

This is where we need to send our message, in the numbers. If people only vote for gametypes without random and personal ordnance (Legendary BRs and Team Slayer), the numbers will show it. With this, we can get Halo back to the way it should be: skill based. If we can get enough people to support this, 343 won't be able to ignore the numbers we put up, and will be forced to make changes. These changes will be for the better in the long run. It will bring the competitive community back, keep people playing the game for longer, and bring the series back to it's roots.

Please don't misunderstand this, I love change and new additions to games. But when something this drastic comes along that ends up killing the population, something needs to be done. If this campaign is a success, we can see improvements made to not only Halo 4, but all future titles in the series as well.

I have created a list of five base gametypes to be used in Slayer playlists on Halo Waypoint. Please support this thread, along with this campaign to get a message across to 343i. Together, as a community, we can save this legendary franchise!

https://forums.halow...roposition.aspx

ShockBolt21

Master
Feb 1, 2013
USA- Eastern Time Zone
Why do people see loadouts as unbalanced? As long as no weapon has a clear advantage over all others (cough battle rifle cough) loadouts only enhance the halo experience. You can make an argument against personal ordinance, but I am so glad to have customizable loadouts and armor abilities- a significant improvement from the games before it. I do not want to see the halo franchise brought back to how it was in the previous titles. I have so much more fun online in Halo 4 than I have ever had online on any other halo game, and part of the reason is because I'm not forced to use a particular weapon and play a certain way- I can play the game the way I want to play it, and I can fight with my own strategies and tactics.

Legendary BRs is one playlist I would never set foot in. It's exactly what I don't want to see in Halo- ever.

Reactions: XXOv3rxLordXX

Squally DaBeanz

Big Jerk
Jan 9, 2013
Why do people see loadouts as unbalanced? As long as no weapon has a clear advantage over all others (cough battle rifle cough) loadouts only enhance the halo experience. You can make an argument against personal ordinance, but I am so glad to have customizable loadouts and armor abilities- a significant improvement from the games before it. I do not want to see the halo franchise brought back to how it was in the previous titles. I have so much more fun online in Halo 4 than I have ever had online on any other halo game, and part of the reason is because I'm not forced to use a particular weapon and play a certain way- I can play the game the way I want to play it, and I can fight with my own strategies and tactics.

Legendary BRs is one playlist I would never set foot in. It's exactly what I don't want to see in Halo- ever.

I agree that loadouts are VERY fun, and I love the customization aspect of it. However, we can't forget our roots, or worse things will come. That's why I'm saying vote for Legendary BRs AND Team Slayer. Both of these gametypes will be put into the Infinity Slayer playlist on Monday. The point of this campaign is to get a message across to 343 that RANDOM is never a good thing in a competitive video game, especially Halo.

If you don't want to play Legendary BRs, that's fine. I totally get it. Vote for Team Slayer when it pops up instead, where you can still have your loadouts. There just won't be any random or personal ordnance, which are the two most detrimental aspects of Infinity Slayer. As long as people aren't voting for Infinity Slayer, I'm happy. That'll change the statistics that 343 pays close attention to and bases matchmaking updates on. Hopefully then they'll put two and two together.

As stated in the title, this isn't a "Pro-Legendary BRs campaign". It's an "Anti-Infinity" campaign. Voting for either of the two new gametypes will help just as much, and I hope you will assist in this effort :)

Cap2llo

Expert
Apr 20, 2013
I agree Squally. I can't wait for Legendary BRs and the fresh, original experience it will bring back to Halo :)

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
I would also like these gametypes to be implemented. Having Halo on one end of the spectrum for so long, makes this a good day for the Competitive crowd.

Legendary BRs will provide a classic Halo experience that has been absent from Halo 4 for too long. On the other hand, Team Slayer will provide a nice middle ground, allowing personal loadouts but removing the randomness and chaos of random and personal ordnance.

A campaign, really, against the randomness and chaos of Infinity settings. When these new gametypes go live, I want to see people voting for either Legendary BRs or regular Team Slayer instead of Infinity Slayer.

Luckily I looked in your Waypoint forum thread where you suggested these five Slayer variants. If they hit the three you mentioned, that'll work out well too.

Throwdown: 4V4 only. The most competitive playlist in Halo 4 (basically the way it is now is fine). This will obviously have it's own playlist.

Legendary Slayer: 4V4 and BTB. A mix of both regular Legendary Slayer and Legendary BRs. This is the next step up from throwdown, and the more classic experience. I feel this can be applied to both team sizes.

Team Slayer: 4V4 and BTB. As recently revealed, a gametype with loadouts but no random or personal ordnance. This appears to be an ideal middle ground. As soon as this was announced, I immediately thought about how this would play in a BTB setting. I hope you will take that into consideration.

Infinity Slayer: 4V4 and BTB. Just as it is now, in both 4V4 and BTB. Personal loadouts, random and personal ordnance, radar, all that good stuff. I do feel, however, that the personal ordnance system could be applied better, with less chance of the more powerful weapons showing up (rockets, snipers, splazers, etc). But please, turn things down a notch or two on the map setups for BTB. The current set ups for the maps is a bit too much, with power vehicles and power weapons EVERYWHERE. Save that kind of setup for this next one:

BTB Heavies: BTB only. Obviously, this will only be included in the 8V8 playlist. Going all out with the power weapons and vehicles on this one. This will be for those who truly want chaotic gameplay on a large scale. Unfortunately, I feel the current setup for regular BTB is too close to this, and that can easily be addressed.

Squally DaBeanz

Big Jerk
Jan 9, 2013
Almost forgot. What do you want done with the other playlists, not just Slayer? What type of settings should they have?

Honestly, I'd like to see random and personal ordnance gone from every playlist. But we have to move one step at a time. Legendary BR's and Team Slayer are already guaranteed additions. We're going to use this to get the ball rolling and show 343 that randomness doesn't belong in Halo.

Reactions: CrimmyZ

wraith2098

Proficient
Feb 9, 2013
Infinity should be changed to match Dominions new ordnance drop settings minus the laser

Custom loadouts:
Primary = Rifles
Secondary = automatics, pistol, boltshot, NO plasma pistols
Grenades: Frag

Personal Ordnance:
Left = Pulse grenades, Plasma grenades, Plasma Pistol
Down = Automatics (ammo)
Right = Rifles (ammo)

I will never vote for Infinity Slayer again unless they implement a nerf at least similar to what I described. I don't even play MM anymore because of Infinity settings, but hopefully people will vote for the new balanced gametypes.

XXOv3rxLordXX

Novice
Sep 3, 2013
Why take away customizable loadouts i feel like thay actually have improved the online gaming experiance is it so bad that 343i has changed that. It opens up a whole bunch more stratigy types unlike the others. I know many people that perfer the custom loadout option. I also have to say if you like the other way instead then just make your cusomized loadouts to be like them instead of ruin the fun of everyone else. It is fun to have those custom loadouts so just leave it if you dont like it thats your problem find your own solution instead of ruining other peoples fun.

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
Why take away customizable loadouts i feel like thay actually have improved the online gaming experiance is it so bad that 343i has changed that. It opens up a whole bunch more stratigy types unlike the others. I know many people that perfer the custom loadout option. I also have to say if you like the other way instead then just make your cusomized loadouts to be like them instead of ruin the fun of everyone else. It is fun to have those custom loadouts so just leave it if you dont like it thats your problem find your own solution instead of ruining other peoples fun.

The issue isn't necessarily with customizable load outs but with what is allowed as options in said loadouts. As of right now, I would say that all of the primary weapons, the magnum, frag and pulse grenades, and all AA's besides Active Camo (and for more highly competitive modes jetpack) are fine, it's just the plasma pistol/ plasma grenade combo giving everyone a cheap way to kill any vehicle, the Boltshot being a 1 hit kill weapon, and bad kids spamming active camo at their bases all game that are the issue. I love personal load outs otherwise, I think it is great to be able to choose your weapons and customize how you play and I think it gives the game more variety, but there are a few items that just do not work and that ruin other parts of the game. You might enjoy using them, but that makes the game a lot less fun for everyone else.

Until these items are removed the issues that personal load outs create outweigh the benefits.

Also, if you read the article you would see that this is specifically supporting non-infinity ordnance, not a removal of load outs. Squally wants to see people playing Legendary BR's or Team Slayer, the latter of which does have personal loadouts. It is random ordnance and personal ordnance that we want gone, or at least separate.

Squally DaBeanz

Big Jerk
Jan 9, 2013
Shoe's right. This isn't an Anti-Loadout Campaign. I'm just trying to rally people together to send a message to 343 to remove the random aspects of the Slayer sandbox.

James Maynee

Novice
Sep 10, 2013
Shame it's 343's BR and not bungies.. Nothing like the old BR sure it's a 3 burst and you have to (Somewhat) lead your shots but just because it has the same traits on paper doesn't mean it's anywhere near as good.. It's too "noob" friendly, Back in halo 3 it took skill with the BR where you could duck and dive, bob and weave to stay alive sometimes out BR'ing 2-3 people if you were good enough, Now it's hard to take out 2 people as it's so easy to use, A shame really.