[Jul 7, 2013] Halo 3 BTB Night (The Psycho Duck)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
As many of you may already know, there is a huge push within the community to re-populate Halo 3 on Bungie Day: Sunday, July 7th. The biggest thing I miss from Halo 3 is the level of polish and balance achieved in the multiplayer, which was never achieved before or since in a Halo game. Every element of the sandbox was in perfect harmony, everything had its place. One of the biggest areas where this is notably different from halo 4's sandbox is in Big Team Battle. In Halo 4, the ability of players to spawn with a weapon combination to take out enemy vehicles and engage players from insanely long range at ease has been a huge detriment to competitive gameplay in BTB. Returning to Halo 3 can be a really joy, where large maps can be segmented by distance and where using a warthog isn't akin to purchasing a lottery ticket. Halo 3's on-disc and downloadable big team maps are also excellent.​
So, this Sunday, come and play Halo 3 with Flying Shoe ILR and myself. We'll have a blast! The Heroic Map Pack (which is free to download) is REQUIRED, and part one of the Mythic Map Pack will also be required for much of the lobby. The player count will fluctuate between 12 and 16. We will be playing a mix of Slayer and objective modes on several maps, some are listed below.​
Maps:
High Ground​
Last Resort​
Orbital​
Rat's Nest​
Sandbox (Multicog, U-Turn, Utah Mambo)​
Sandtrap​
Standoff​
Valhalla​
To join, send a message on Xbox Live to "The Psycho Duck" asking for an invite.
A recap of the lobby will appear in a THFE video. Mics are preferable. Come expecting to have a good time, we're here for fun so this won't be excessively competitive. Hope to see you there!​

Reactions: DirtyyJuicebox

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
Halo 3, my ass. I'm tired of this glorified bullshit.

While you're entitled to think that, you should not be making posts like that without going into sufficient detail to back up your statement. Disliking Halo 3 is one thing, but you would be extremely hard-pressed to develop a valid argument claiming that it is actually a bad game.

Guys, it looks like we'll be staying towards 16 players for most of the night, as we have so many confirmed attendees. I've got several great forged BTB maps from various authors we can play to keep the lobby going for as long as possible. If you do not have the Mythic 1 Map Pack, you will not be able to play these forge variants. However, you're still welcome to join the lobby. Just be aware that you will be asked to leave when it comes time to play these forge variants.

Reactions: Jebus

SpartanPeter

Novice
Jan 18, 2013
02:00 AM will be midnight for me.
Is this lobby only going to last 2 hours for sure? Would love to join, if I can't.. Well, it's bungie day. Still going to play Halo 3, it will be fun for everyone :)

ShockBolt21

Master
Feb 1, 2013
USA- Eastern Time Zone
While you're entitled to think that, you should not be making posts like that without going into sufficient detail to back up your statement. Disliking Halo 3 is one thing, but you would be extremely hard-pressed to develop a valid argument claiming that it is actually a bad game.
I've made this argument several times, and I'd be gladly willing to make it again. However, I don't think here is the best place to do so.

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
It will likely last longer than two hours, it can always continue after I leave too.

I've made this argument several times, and I'd be gladly willing to make it again. However, I don't think here is the best place to do so.

You're right, this isn't the place. This is why your first post on the topic was so unnecessary, Still, i'd love to hear your reasoning. You can always send me a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.