[Jan 27, 2014] Minecraft Customs (Flying Shoe ILR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
So I know this is a Halo site, but just roll with it. ;)
MockKnizzle and I (mostly mock) created a huge, sprawling village in Minecraft a few months back and then turned it into a full fledged multiplayer map. If you are familiar with the Hunger Games then this will be easy to understand, as it's essentially the same thing. We can only get 8 people into the game and there will be some honor rules, but for the most part it should be a quick and easy process to get started.​
The game is a simple deathmatch on a very large and intricate map. Players will start with no items​
and must scavenge the map for weapons, armor, and other helpful items. The last player left alive is the winner.​
Rules:​
-You must send a message asking for an invite. If you do not get in the game, that is because we are full on players.​
-You must follow all instructions on signs and from Mock and I before the game starts. Refusal to cooperate with get you kicked.​
-You must have a mic so that we can communicate before and after the game. No mic, no soup for you.​
Honor Rules: Rules that apply once the game has started:​
-The player must not enter water deeper than one block, essentially wading. If the player enters water 2 blocks deep they must immediately return on risk of being kicked.​
-There is an outer wall that surrounds much of the map. The player is not allowed to go beyond this wall for any reason or to go around it, over it, or under it. Even if the player finds an exploit that allows them to get around the wall, they may not go past. If the player goes past the wall, they will be booted.​
- You must not sleep in any beds in the game. If you accidentally sleep in a bed you will not be kicked, but you must not move if you are killed. If you die and then continue playing the game, you will be kicked.​
-If you think you see some other way to break the game, don't. Try to keep the game fun for everyone. We're not testing this to find flaws, but to give everyone a good time.​
The Joining Process:​
While we have tried to make it as easy as possible, there are a few steps after you join you need to follow as we get everyone in the game. Following them quickly will let us start sooner. Mock and I will be walking people through to the map, so this should be easy. There is also signage along the way to help.​
Step 1: You will spawn in a large, empty space with only a Nether Portal. Enter this portal.​
Step 2: Inside there is a mine cart track and a chest. Take a mine cart from the chest, place it on the slanted track, and head down the track to the exit nether portal. Leave your cart and head through the portal.​
Step 3: Walk into the room where one of us will be waiting. There will be a chest and a number of beds. If you need food one of us will get you a steak to eat. After this, get into a bed as we wait for everyone to arrive. This will set your respawn point to that bed. Please stay in the bed to keep your food meter from depleting.​
Step 4: Once everyone is in a bed, we will head out of the room to 8 identical ledges. Each player will get on a ledge, and I will close the door to the room. On the count of 3 we will all jump down and the match will begin.​
After the match, we will end the game and invite you all back in, or potentially new people. The process for starting up a game should run fairly smoothly however, so I doubt this will be an issue. This assures that all players will have the same experience and that if a creeper blows anything up it won't be an issue.​

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com
huh-run.gif

Shiralai

Emoticon Guru
Jan 13, 2013
Well looks like I can play for like an hour. Huzzah. But I hate it how you have this on a weekday :/

Status
Not open for further replies.