[Jan 14, 2013] BTB Space/Land Dominion Battle (BYOMap too) (AwTheHumanity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AwTheHumanity

Qualified
Jan 9, 2013
Hey HaloCustoms, going to host a lobby to play a map of mine called Buwan with my Dominion gametype Space War. To clear up any confusion, the lobby will be held 7:00 PM EST on Monday to probably 9.

Simply put, Buwan is a map I made on Impact with 5 bases. Two are the starting areas, a red and blue ship floating in "space". Down below, there is a "planet" with a red, blue, and neutral base. Low gravity in space, high gravity on the planet. The red/blue bases have a grav lift where you must jump and then jetpack to return to the ship. The neutral base has a grav lift that shoots you directly into space. There is also a mancannon located on the top of the mountain that will get you into space. Each ship has 4 entrances, the grav lift, 2 front shield doors, and a hangar with a banshee. Also, you only take minor fall damage when you fall from space to land.

HDazDh.jpg

More info and a visual explanation can be seen in these pictures (please look if you are planning to play):
http://imgur.com/a/HpQdJ

As for the gametype: you earn similar amounts of points for capturing and fortifying bases in addition to 5 points every second second you hold them. It is mostly time-based. The starting loadouts are gametype specific and all include a jetpack. No DMR starts so people on the ground cannot be spammed by them from above. This is kind of a test, so some tweaking may need to be done. If you guys like it, maybe we'll do another round or play straight up slayer on the map.

Afterwards, we will play two other 6v6 to 8v8 maps provided by attendees (can be at any playable stage in development, comment below).

Looking forward to this, RSVP to play. Looking for at least 6v6. Look for an invite from GT: AwTheHumanity at 7 PM EST Monday if you decide to play.

AwTheHumanity

Qualified
Jan 9, 2013
Just a message for everyone. I'll send a message to every gamertag, both yes's and maybes, in an hour or so. Reply back to make it easier for me to invite you. We'll be playing as long as we have 4v4, so be ready at 7 and bring friends.

AwTheHumanity

Qualified
Jan 9, 2013
LAST UPDATE 10 min to go. Get on!

Here's the list of people I'm inviting at 7 PM EST and beyond. If your GT isn't on here, message me on XBL and I'll try to get you in. Also, I got two other BTB maps to play so yay.

To be fair, I grouped them into categories, I will send mass invites by category starting at 7 PM, so don't be late! If you are, send a message for an invite, hopefully there will be spots.

The yes's above. (7:00)

1. FoolproofScout
2. JoblessUnicorn
3. ChronicOverdose
4. YoMama 4EVA
5. sniperhippo55
6. RVD1337
7. echo26901
8. BossBahamut
9. FormlessPond0
*mrrburns02
*FRYMEN

People who contacted me on XBL only (~7:02)

10. DisownedVenomX
11. bernhard321
12. OFO98
13. CrzyHyrogliphs
*14. faaart XCUSE ME

Maybe's (~7:04)
15. xXTheClutzXx
16. xxghostblade9xx
17. redseahawk47
*18. randomshot270
19. FOOTYGUNS (your gt doesn't seem to exist?)

See you guys there

sniperhippo55

Novice
Jan 13, 2013
Seems like fun:)

I have starwars battlefront but it gets extremely if its over 7v7 so i can only put it on then but yea ill be there :titmar::titmar::titmar::titmar::titmar::titmar::titmar::titmar::titmar::titmar::titmar::titmar::titmar::titmar::titmar::titmar::titmar::titmar::titmar::titmar::titmar:

FRYMEN

Proficient
Jan 10, 2013
I'm testing the map right now (Buwan). The jet pack next to base 'E' is too close to the capture terminal. It is difficult to select whichever object I may so choose. Just some friendly constructive criticism. :)

AwTheHumanity

Qualified
Jan 9, 2013
SniperHippo55 is hosting BTB and minigames.
SEND ME A MESSAGE to join for a max of 10 player games, I've been getting lag. Tons of people out there tonight, hopefully we can get some good customs in!

AwTheHumanity

Qualified
Jan 9, 2013
I apologize to those who have been trying to get connected to my games. Anytime I start them, I lag out. I have never had problems hosting before, but tonight just is not working. Thanks for understanding. If you are looking for a game still, try messaging anyone above. I'm going to attempt a 4v4 one more time, but if that doesn't work I'm done for the night.

Final Note: Thanks to all who showed up, most of you got to play my game at some point or another. Unless I get my lagging out sorted out, I'm done with customs for awhile. It was fun when I could play though. See y'all later if I get it fixed.

FRYMEN

Proficient
Jan 10, 2013
This was my first custom games setup via this website, and I must say... Bravo, gentlemen. Job well done. Thank you for such a great night of custom matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.