Is Halo Customs Dying?

Are you having difficulty getting a decent lobby size? (Only answer if you have hosted recently)

• Yes, I have had difficulty

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • No, it's easy

Votes: 20 76.9%

• Total voters

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
I only got to play a very limited version of Halo 3 matchmaking, and I can still tell it is much better than what we have ah for the last 2 games. Halo 4 smoothed a few things out, but for every thing that is better 2 things are far worse. Some of these things come down to preference, but they are preferences shared by almost the entire core of Halo players from previous games. Halo is losing it's strategy all around in favor of random variables and more chaos.

ShockBolt21

Master
Feb 1, 2013
USA- Eastern Time Zone
No. To put it bluntly would be like this. Is Halo Customs Dying? Fuck no. What the hell are you thinking?
There. That is all.
Where's your evidence? I used plenty of facts and data to show my point, so if you're trying to effectively counter it, you'll need to state why.
But anyway, I think we might be on the rise again. There has been an increase in the number of customs per day (clearly noticeable on the monthly view calendar) and not as many desolate, failed customs. Still not like how it used to be in February, but were getting there. Not sure what the user activity is looking like, but it may be showing an upwards curve.

Elliot

Yorkshire Pudding Guru
Jan 10, 2013
York, United Kingdom
Just because the community is loosing population, doesn't mean we can't have a hell of a good time here. Halocustoms.com is a godsend. Without it we would be absolutely no where in terms of setting up custom games so we should all be massively grateful for what Insane and who ever else assisted has done. The customs community is in a sense 'dying', but it is still very much thriving. You just have to put more effort in to get a decent lobby going. More accurately it is just loosing that bulky muscle it once had. We at BIOC have multiple successful lobbies a week. We need to put in immense amounts of effort into the BIOC name to get them, but it shows that it is still very much possible.

To answer your question shortly; No. Only because myself and everyone at BIOC make a real effort for it to be fun, unique and worthwhile.

Reactions: ShockBolt21

The7thSeal

Expert
Jan 12, 2013
Lincolnshire, UK
Where's your evidence? I used plenty of facts and data to show my point, so if you're trying to effectively counter it, you'll need to state why.
But anyway, I think we might be on the rise again. There has been an increase in the number of customs per day (clearly noticeable on the monthly view calendar) and not as many desolate, failed customs. Still not like how it used to be in February, but were getting there. Not sure what the user activity is looking like, but it may be showing an upwards curve.

Two things;
  1. It's getting to the point in the year where school has finished or is winding down, exams are over, etc. So a lot more people have more free time on their hands for Customs
  2. A lot of those desolate, failed customs, as you put it, were either from new members that believed that creating a lobby straight off the bat, 15 minutes before it's start, and without a proper write up, will attract players, or from members of the community that are inactive (i.e. joined months ago, only posted about 10 times) that do the same thing.
The second, though still happening, is happening less often, so that may be another reason for the decline in failed customs.

NinetysBorn

Master
Jan 29, 2013
California USA
Where's your evidence? I used plenty of facts and data to show my point, so if you're trying to effectively counter it, you'll need to state why. But anyway, I think we might be on the rise again.
That doesn't make any sense, at all. Why the hell would I have to provide any backup for my statement, when you did so yourself, already. I said HaloCustoms isn't dying. You said I'm trying to counter what you said. Then, you agree with me by saying, "we might be on the rise again." HaloCustoms isn't dying and you already know that. Numbers went down around exams and the ddos attacks. Plus, the overall Halo population of players is dwindling because Halo 4 was disappointing to many. I don't need graphs and charts to show you that's true. HaloCustoms has only been out for a few months and has already attracted many. Just because the site had a small decrease in activity don't make wild assumptions and conclusions already. HaloCustoms is doing very well compared to many other similar websites.

ShockBolt21

Master
Feb 1, 2013
USA- Eastern Time Zone
That doesn't make any sense, at all. Why the hell would I have to provide any backup for my statement, when you did so yourself, already. I said HaloCustoms isn't dying. You said I'm trying to counter what you said...
Good point...
Anyway, I was referring to my original statement that it is dying, as you just countered it with a very simple "fuck no" when the numbers and facts I had mentioned in the original post showed otherwise.

Zigywig

Novice
May 23, 2013
I'd say HaloCustoms is growing, because Forgehub is slowly dying I've been seeing people from there coming over here to HC. Maybe not a lot but it helps with the publicity of this site.

Reactions: Elliot
Feb 12, 2013
Dark Void
well I know for now that my Legion will be joining here most likly. just uping the numbers, sorry but I will not join the groups section. it is not a thing that is needed for us.
Halo Customs is growing....