Is anyone else mad about no REQ weps/vehicles in Forge ?

Are you Upset ?

• Yeah, 343 screwed up this time.

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Kinda, it's a bummer.

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Meh

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • No, for some reason I like this.

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
While it is a shame that we won't be seeing the benefits of that more expansive sandbox in forge and customs unless specific weapons are rotated in, there is a very simple reason for it. The microtransactions behind the req system are H5's alternative to paid DLC. If these weapons are all available for free in custom games, people will have less incentive to pay for them to use in Warzone. Yes, it's unfortunate, but this microtransactions system is the reason we're getting free DLC for the game.

Stevo

The Grinchmind
Dec 31, 2012
United Kingdom
I'm quite pissed with that, since the Longshot AR is actually really sweet, as is Longshot BR.
Hell, even if its just the basic optics variants that can be rotated into custom games as loadout weapons would be great, or placed in maps with forge so you may upgrade your weapon as you play.

NILLOC 916

Adept
Oct 24, 2015
While it is a shame that we won't be seeing the benefits of that more expansive sandbox in forge and customs unless specific weapons are rotated in, there is a very simple reason for it. The microtransactions behind the req system are H5's alternative to paid DLC. If these weapons are all available for free in custom games, people will have less incentive to pay for them to use in Warzone. Yes, it's unfortunate, but this microtransactions system is the reason we're getting free DLC for the game.
I don't see how, using them in custom games doesn't make them any less useful in Warzone. By your logic, basic power weapons and vehicles also shouldn't be in forge because then people won't use them in Warzone.

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
I don't see how, using them in custom games doesn't make them any less useful in Warzone. By your logic, basic power weapons and vehicles also shouldn't be in forge because then people won't use them in Warzone.
I was not defending the logic behind the decision, merely explaining it. If players can access all of the unique weapons in custom games, it detracts from their uniqueness and the excitement which results from attaining them. Many of these items are "special" because they are exceedingly rare. If everyone can use them all they want in custom games, that excitement will go away despite them still being just as hard to acquire in Warzone. As such, the value of the req packs would decline in the eyes of many players, causing the system to generate less revenue. As I said, I would love to have access to these weapons and vehicles in forge and custom games, but these are the reasons why that likely won't become a reality.

Reactions: Stevo
Nov 14, 2015
I agree with it that there should be req weapons, but I also see why there isn't. I think they should just make it so you can't use them if you haven't gotten the weapon, or something similar to that.