Map Preview Industrial Plaza - Silver Map Pack Previews

Hey halo fans, it’s me. I am here today to talk about a map formally known as, SMP Erosion, Industrial Plaza. This map has quite the history and was considered to be in the silver map pack from the very beginning. It got abandoned after failing the Dominion test. After some consideration Dominion had been removed and in its place 1 flag CTF and 2 flag CTF were added. These two game types play beautifully.

History

So when the first maps of the silver map pack were created I was having trouble finding a place and a layout for erosion. Obviously I wanted it to be unique and to play amazingly. So I forged on top of the structure, inside the cave, around the tower, even in the donut. None worked the way I needed. So Instead I created a thread full of challenges in hopes of sparking something I could do. The challenge I took was a non-square/rectangle map. It needed to have 45* turns and non square elements.

So I set out with that in mind and created 3 structures in a triangle fashion. They turned great but dominion just wasn’t working out. Back then I had the illusion that Dominion Had to be supported along with many other game types. So things went in that direction till I set it aside, disappointed. Then I came back to it about a two weeks ago and decided to try it again this time without the biased outlook.

The Game Types

The game type I originally built it for was obviously a gross mistake, dominion. While a vain attempt in that area the map had other plans. It supports both Extraction and 1 flag amazingly and I recommend it to everyone who loves to play a competitive game. But what else can you play? Well look below!

Supported Game Types
Extraction
Infinity Slayer
Oddball
King of the Hill
Capture the Flag
1 Flag CTF
Flood

So wait both regular CTF and 1 flag? How did you do that? Well by using four teams its possible. in the video below you will see me play with green and yellow teams. by playing as yellow and green teams and using the 1 flag game type in my fileshare you will be able to play it. by simply playing it on red and blue you can play regular CTF.

Pictures of the Map

InfinitySlayer25_zps6c5a739a.jpg

InfinitySlayer24_zpscb560a7d.jpg

InfinitySlayer23_zps8e204955.jpg

InfinitySlayer22_zps12e09fbc.jpg

InfinitySlayer21_zpse0560af4.jpg

InfinitySlayer20_zpsb3d8eba4.jpg

InfinitySlayer19_zpsc9e41e23.jpg

Well thanks for reading,

S.N.

P.S. Watch the ending of the video carefully you may be intrigued.

Reactions: evergreen948

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
It looks pretty cool (Especially on Erosion, maps are never made there anymore :p)
But it the whole map Symmetric?