Gaming How does the Xbox One compare to the 360?

Is The Xbox One Better Than The 360?

• No (based on experience with the console)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dont see a difference

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
How do the 2 consoles compare?
Size
Gaming
Controllers
Launch games
Graphics
Etc.

Did the Xbox One have any problems whatsoever?
Something not working
Features not there
Red ring of death (i doubt this)
Unexpected console shutdowns
Etc.

What was your overall opinion on the Xbox One? Do you enjoy it more than your 360? Do you think this console paves the way for games to be of better quality and of better interests to players? Do you think there will be updates to allow cross gen gaming with friends and party chat with friends?

I'm still waiting for Christmas for mine. I know I've mentioned that a few dozen times...

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
It's not going to be better now because it has nearly nothing to play on it now. It has a few good games with obviously good graphics, but it'll be a year at least until we can say it is worth really having over a 360.

JL1223 X

Master
Feb 14, 2013
Hong Kong
I don't have the Xbone, but in my personal opinion from what I've seen, I'll definitely be enjoying it. The graphics are better (Though I won't be seeing it :( ) though since most of the games were designed for cross generation players they aren't anywhere near the full potential, especially since the Xbone can go up to 4k.

Plus, it's capabilities are evident, though I'll be waiting for when ti comes out in Hong Kong to experience it. 64 players on BF4? Yeah, I think there's a major improvement. Can't wait for Halo 5 and Destiny on it too.

I don't have the Xbone, but in my personal opinion from what I've seen, I'll definitely be enjoying it. The graphics are better (Though I won't be seeing it :( ) though since most of the games were designed for cross generation players they aren't anywhere near the full potential, especially since the Xbone can go up to 4k.

Plus, it's capabilities are evident, though I'll be waiting for when ti comes out in Hong Kong to experience it. 64 players on BF4? Yeah, I think there's a major improvement. Can't wait for Halo 5 and Destiny on it too.
Agreed.
It's not going to be better now because it has nearly nothing to play on it now. It has a few good games with obviously good graphics, but it'll be a year at least until we can say it is worth really having over a 360.
That true but there are 7 games to play so far. Not a lot but still a good amount to keep someone busy for a few months.

ShockBolt21

Master
Feb 1, 2013
USA- Eastern Time Zone
The xbone is some sixteen to twenty times more powerful. This means better graphics, more detail in textures and code, larger, more expansive, and more interactive worlds, etc. It will also have fewer limits in general. The xbox one is clearly and evidently the better system, and will host better games. I've got mine, and I can't wait until the games start rolling out.

Great Mist

Master
Jan 18, 2013
Where the Mist takes me
youtube.com
The xbone is some sixteen to twenty times more powerful. This means better graphics, more detail in textures and code, larger, more expansive, and more interactive worlds, etc. It will also have fewer limits in general. The xbox one is clearly and evidently the better system, and will host better games. I've got mine, and I can't wait until the games start rolling out.

This will be awesome for Halo 5 even if not a lot of people are playing it

Reactions: GrmnEscaltrPrty
This will be awesome for Halo 5 even if not a lot of people are playing it
Yeah. We can tell people, "You missed out, sucker!" Then we get to rub it in their faces.... Muhahahaha

At any rate the Xbox one should have little limits as the system is next gen. Also in a technological society where we're making our phones and tablets thinner and lighter the Xbox One has decided to bigger for more power. For the extra space to access all the power needed to run the games to their full potential. This is my speculation here.

Disclaimer- I will not be participating in the poll until a week after Christmas

JL1223 X

Master
Feb 14, 2013
Hong Kong
Yeah. We can tell people, "You missed out, sucker!" Then we get to rub it in their faces.... Muhahahaha

At any rate the Xbox one should have little limits as the system is next gen. Also in a technological society where we're making our phones and tablets thinner and lighter the Xbox One has decided to bigger for more power. For the extra space to access all the power needed to run the games to their full potential. This is my speculation here.

Disclaimer- I will not be participating in the poll until a week after Christmas

Xbox One has Cloud Computing, effectively meaning that, connected to the internet, it has the capability of reachig far more powerful processing than what it or the PS4 currently has right now.

VaultingFrog

Adept
May 2, 2013
Walmart
Did somebody mention that you can upgrade certain games to the XBOX 1 from the 360 for like $10 US? Not sure which ones are able to do it or not but I know you can. That adds a bit to its library.

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
United States, Mississippi
I've had mine since launch with three games Crimson Dragon, Battlefield 4, and Dead Rising 3.

The console itself I like, the look is pretty cool imo. It has little likeness to a VCR(alot of people thought it would). I don't like how its gloss and will attract dust like a mother fucker, also the main USB port is on the left side which could be frustrating in the future. My main complaint is that the UI is awful, its hard to navigat, has terrible load times, and its only customization options are to select from ~15 colors. Last thing about the console itself is that it generates a frightening amount of heat, one reason that its so big is for ventilation and I will say the system has still yet to crash on me with 7-15 hour sessions of play.

The controller is... hard to explain. I prefer the 360s but that could just be habit, when you pick up there is no adjustment time from the 360 you know where everything is and what everything does. The thumb-sticks are a thousand times better, the grips are great and they seem more precise. D-pad is better, but I haven't played a game thats super heavy on the D-pad so I can't say too much about it. Everything feels more condensed, and I think whether or not thats good is very person specific, but I don't like it. If you've read some reviews for the controller people will bash the bumper, I don't really know why, they are bigger and easier to click if you have large fingers. They could be more difficult for kids, but I'm not sure about that. The bumper area is gloss, just like the console and get dirty easily, the thumb-sticks also do this but you won't care unless you get really bothered by that sort of thing like me.

The Kinect is good, people say they won't buy it unless they can get it without the Kinect. You want the Kinect, its a good thing, but this is coming from someone that doesn't really care if someone is watching him. The best part about it is how I no longer have to press anything to sign in, the Kinect knows who I am and after it booted it takes up to 7 seconds to sign me in.

The games I have are good, but BF4 is glitch as hell right now. Dead Rising 3 deserves to be fighting GTAV for Game of the Year it is the best game I've played in a long time. Crimson Dragon gets boring, but its a good way to waste five minutes. I should say before I end this post that I'm stupid and shouldn't have bought a launch console, I'm happy I did and I love my Xbox One. That being said, if your shelling out the cash I suggest waiting until after next year and then picking one up.

evergreen948

Master
Jan 9, 2013
Sydney, Straya
Ive played a couple of minutes of killer instinct and so far, I'm loving the controller, the kinect and the menus of the console. Graphics on killer instinct were bleh, but i know they will improve in other games when the x1 can be used to its full potential.

Ive played a couple of minutes of killer instinct and so far, I'm loving the controller, the kinect and the menus of the console. Graphics on killer instinct were bleh, but i know they will improve in other games when the x1 can be used to its full potential.
True. As my brother put it, "Developers won't make games that use a consoles new features until they see the full potential if them. It usually takes two years for them to see the other games using these features like the cloud computing and the impulse triggers."