Halo How "Dead" Is Halo 4 Now Compared To Its Release?

How "Dead" is Halo 4 compared to release to now (1 being very much dead, 10 being not dead at all)

• Total voters
The title basically sums it up. But for a reiteration, do you think the Halo series or just halo 4 is dead weight now. Why do you think Halo 4 is at an all time low for players? Do you think we'll be seeing major improvements to the next halo? Do you think halo 4 is more balanced than its predecessors? All of theses questions are very likely to have multiple answers and multiple opinions.

Comparison-
Halo 4 at its release - lots of players ( at least 1500 per playlist)
Halo 4 now - minimal players (at least 500 per playlist)

How many people do you think people will return to the Halo series?
20%, 25%, 50%, 75%, 90%, etc.
Let me know your thoughts, opinions and speculative opinion (and/or observation based).

Or do you feel like this picture right now?
image.jpg

Replace Bieber with halo 4.

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
We still have the tree, it's just that the leaves have wilted off and died away for the winter. Spring will come with the next game, but for now, all the interactions are within the tree itself.

Reactions: Zandril

a Chunk

Master
Nov 14, 2013
Yeah it is. But do you think it'll rebound with the next halo?
It will certainly rebound initially, just as it did with Halo 4. Whether or not the population is sustained more than 2 months beyond release will largely depend upon the multiplayer gameplay, so I don't feel like I can make a solid prediction regarding that yet.

Reactions: Fuzzle
Feb 1, 2013
Australia
With 400,000 at the beginning, and only around 15,000 remaining, I'd say it's pretty damn dead.

and i don't get why it is much better then it was at release with the race playlist coming next month, the weapon tuning update, the champions bundle new maps and game types and maps in new and old playlists

and i don't get why it is much better then it was at release with the race playlist coming next month, the weapon tuning update, the champions bundle new maps and game types and maps in new and old playlists
The bundle was to draw more players back into to the game with Pitfall. Ricochet was to do the same thing. Tuning update was to just for weapon balancing. Race will bring more race forgers to the table (thats what 343 is hoping for)

ShockBolt21

Master
Feb 1, 2013
USA- Eastern Time Zone
Let's be honest- it's pretty freakin' dead. Unfortunately, I don't think it has a bright future either until the next title. I wish I had the numbers so I could calculate the future population.

The next Halo should have no trouble attaining a decent initial population, and we'll see where it goes from there (I have confidence). But for H4, there isn't much hope, despite the fact that it's the best in the series (in my opinion).

Reactions: GrmnEscaltrPrty

a Chunk

Master
Nov 14, 2013
Once people initially stop playing a game, it's almost impossible to get them back. I seriously can't remember a single case where a game lost a significant portion of its population, and then regained it later on in its lifespan. When people stop playing a game, they also stop following any news related to that game. Most of the people that have stopped playing probably don't even know about any of the updates. Either that or they've gotten hooked on a different game.

This is why it's so crucial for 343 to get it right the first time with the next Halo game. If it requires a drastic update, too many people will already be gone by the time that update comes and it will be a repeat of Halo 4...perhaps even worse.

Let's be honest- it's pretty freakin' dead. Unfortunately, I don't think it has a bright future either until the next title. I wish I had the numbers so I could calculate the future population.

The next Halo should have no trouble attaining a decent initial population, and we'll see where it goes from there (I have confidence). But for H4, there isn't much hope, despite the fact that it's the best in the series (in my opinion).
Once people initially stop playing a game, it's almost impossible to get them back. I seriously can't remember a single case where a game lost a significant portion of its population, and then regained it later on in its lifespan. When people stop playing a game, they also stop following any news related to that game. Most of the people that have stopped playing probably don't even know about any of the updates. Either that or they've gotten hooked on a different game.

This is why it's so crucial for 343 to get it right the first time with the next Halo game. If it requires a drastic update, too many people will already be gone by the time that update comes and it will be a repeat of Halo 4...perhaps even worse.

Both of you make valid points. When someone drops a game they are likely to not follow up on any new news for it.

They may get hooked on a different game.
As A Chunk said,
"This is why it's so crucial for 343 to get it right the first time with the next Halo game. If it requires a drastic update, too many people will already be gone by the time that update comes and it will be a repeat of Halo 4...perhaps even worse." It makes a great deal if first impressions if the game is terrible or the game is great. First impressions determine if you really want to continue playing this game.

An example- I bought Midnight Club La for 10 bucks. IMO the game was something I HAD to put down because the racing mechanics were terrible. All cars that could be bought raced the same way, same handling, same driving style, same top speed. If you bumped another car in a race it wouldn't let you get takedowns because the game didint have that built in which made the game suck even more. Half the car upgrades were decals, lights, spoilers and fancy decorative pieces. This put together made me feel like this is a game that never learned from its previous mistakes. It didn't expand off of itself. This is why first impressions are key to deciding a games potential.

Look at Destiny, Bungie slowly releasing more and more info on the game itself and enticing more gamers to join the bandwagon. It's also a game that is doing some unprecedented things. No lobbies required, FPS open world game, wants you to return and replay the story every time. Its a game that when you look at it gives you some positive impressions. "No lobbies? Great! Open world FPS? Sounds like fun! Replay the story? Thats iffy but it could really work."

Thats what I have to say

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com
Can't say much about the matter. Chunk already said what I wanted to. So I'll just post some pictures.

But for H4, there isn't much hope, despite the fact that it's the best in the series (in my opinion).

facepalm.gif

azbMrKN_460sa.gif

jk, man. :D

conana_approves.gif

Both of you make valid points. When someone drops a game they are likely to not follow up on any new news for it.

They may get hooked on a different game.
As A Chunk said, "This is why it's so crucial for 343 to get it right the first time with the next Halo game. If it requires a drastic update, too many people will already be gone by the time that update comes and it will be a repeat of Halo 4...perhaps even worse." It makes a great deal if first impressions if the game is terrible or the game is great. First impressions determine if you really want to continue playing this game.

An example- I bought Midnight Club La for 10 bucks. IMO the game was something I HAD to put down because the racing mechanics were terrible. All cars that could be bought raced the same way, same handling, same driving style, same top speed. If you bumped another car in a race it wouldn't let you get takedowns because the game didint have that built in which made the game suck even more. Half the car upgrades were decals, lights, spoilers and fancy decorative pieces. This put together made me feel like this is a game that never learned from its previous mistakes. It didn't expand off of itself. This is why first impressions are key to deciding a games potential.

Look at Destiny, Bungie slowly releasing more and more info on the game itself and enticing more gamers to join the bandwagon. It's also a game that is doing some unprecedented things. No lobbies required, FPS open world game, wants you to return and replay the story every time. Its a game that when you look at it gives you some positive impressions. "No lobbies? Great! Open world FPS? Sounds like fun! Replay the story? Thats iffy but it could really work."

Thats what I have to say

Ermagerd! Celers!

rainbow_vomit_meme_by_pururu_chan-d5bchzp.jpg

Jan 29, 2013
It will certainly rebound initially, just as it did with Halo 4. Whether or not the population is sustained more than 2 months beyond release will largely depend upon the multiplayer gameplay, so I don't feel like I can make a solid prediction regarding that yet.

I don't intend to stand in the midnight line for the game when it comes out. I figure I will wait for the reviews and game play youtubes before I buy an XB1 and Halo 5. If it looks just as bad as Halo 4, I won't bother with either. I don't really think Titanfall is appealing, because I don't want to drive a robot. And without any appealing title that is xb1 exclusive, why would i buy one?

I am now thinking of PS4/BF4, because a friend of mine is into BF.

I agree with Chunk. I don't think people will be coming back quickly to Halo 5, and that may persuade others not to come back at all (the lack of population is the killer for me).