Introduction Hi guys, this is Nondual!

Nondual

Be in the Now
Hi everyone, my name is Steve, and I go by the online name Nondual (obviously.) My Gamertag is “o Nondual o” and playing custom games in Halo is one of my favorite things to do with what little free time I have. Many of you I’m already friends with, but for those of you who I wish to become friends with in the future, I thought I would give a little background about myself.

I’ve been hosting custom games since a couple of months after the Halo 3 map “Sandbox” came out, and map making really became possible. I’ve mostly organized games through my own facebook page (www.facebook.com/nondualcustoms) but I have done a little bit of posting over at the Forgehub, Bungie, and 343 forums.

Not a lot of people know about me hosting, because games used to be too full, with people waiting in line some nights, so I never really talked much on forums. However with the many, many problems that Halo Reach had, my friends and I found ourselves underwhelmed, and uninspired. Custom games pretty much just died out, sadly.

With Halo 4 having just come out, custom games have already picked back up a bit. But Halo 4 is not without it’s own problems as well, namely lack of precision forging, and lack of custom gametype options. So already I’ve seen many of my friends playing other games, or just not playing at all.

But I do think Halo 4 is going to be more fun than Halo Reach. That’s why it’s really cool to see you guys starting a website devoted to keeping custom games going. I’m not sure how much I’ll be able to be on these forums because I'm extremely busy, and I just have a lot going on in my life right now. But I will do what I can to help out. This website does look pretty cool I must say.

Vincent Torre/ Mick Raider just messaged me about you guys starting a website a couple of days ago, it's really cool to see it up and running with a bunch of guys already making threads.

I feel like the majority of the gaming community as well as game developers are unaware that custom game can be as amazing as people are willing to make them be. There’s a lot I want to do to raise awareness about this. And hosting custom games for those of you who want to join me will be one of them.

I will post more about what kind of games I like to play and when soon.

Nondual

Be in the Now
i just made an account here as well, so i feel weird saying welcome, but welcome.

i'm really just here to say that i looooove your Fountain avatar.

Haha, thanks man. Yeah, I've been hardcore into meditation for about 12 years now, so that movie really struck a cord with me. Unfortunately that show is pretty under appreciated, a lot of people were expecting a happy ending, but it's much more about coming to terms with death. Which can seem very depressing, but death comes for us all, and facing that fact can bring enormous amounts of inner peace.

Reactions: corduroyCHUCK

Tedium

I Used to be Somebody
Dec 24, 2012
UK
Aw yeah, I remember watching that movie once. Everyone I was with found it too depressing, but I stuck with it and definitely don't regret it.

Reactions: Nondual

Titmar

Le Mar du Teet
Dec 23, 2012
welcome to the site man! and dont worry, customs are definitely not dead!

next time you host a game, post about it in our upcoming events or quickplay forums!

Reactions: Nondual

Insane54

Founder
Dec 23, 2012
New York, New York
www.halocustoms.com
Glad to see you around man! I think if anything, we have the best chance of bringing custom games back :D

I hope to see you posting around or "hosting" through here; even if more out of principle than a need for more players!