Help with Teleporters

Does anyone know exactly what it is that causes some teleporters to lose the glowing, hour glass-shaped beam that projects upwards out of them? Is there anything I can do to control whether or not the beam shows up? I have several teleporters arranged in a circle, all set at an equal height, all fully functioning with matching channels, and yet some of them have beams while others don't. Does anyone know how to fix this? Or why it happens in the first place?

REMkings

BIOC Leader, Flood Guru
Jan 1, 2013
If you're using them for a Linear map, there is actually a way to fix it. Make them spawn in later, but have the receiver nodes already present from start. That way, they will pop up and immediately get activated, resulting in the glowing beam to appear.

Reactions: kimjongillwill

a Chunk

Master
Nov 14, 2013
If you're using them for a Linear map, there is actually a way to fix it. Make them spawn in later, but have the receiver nodes already present from start. That way, they will pop up and immediately get activated, resulting in the glowing beam to appear.
I've never tried that, but if it works then I imagine it should work for any type of map.
Having receiver nodes spawn at the start, and sender nodes spawn 1 second into the game should do the trick.

Reactions: kimjongillwill

Thank you for that insight. Unfortunately, the map I'm working on requires two-way nodes, but I'll play with this idea and see if I can get it to work. In fact, ideally I'd like to figure out how to get rid of the beams, but failing that I'd settle for having them all on so as to present a more uniform look. But I appreciate your and Chunk's help all the same and I'll see what I can do.