Aesthetic Helm's Deep

Buddy

Master
Feb 8, 2013
Germany
www.youtube.com
Helm´s Deep (Aesthetic) (version Final) - Most similar recreation of the famous fortress from Lord of the Rings

Helm´s Deep (Aesthetic)
My plan is to forge all of the great buildings from the Lord of the Rings movies. And the most popular fortress besides Minas Tirith is already finished!
In my opinion, and I hope you agree with that, the most similar recreation...

Don´t forget to...

Read more about this map...

Buddy

Master
Feb 8, 2013
Germany
www.youtube.com
It is beautiful but were you planning on adding in the crenellations along the wall like they have in the movie or are you doing just a railing?
Railing was for me the better choice, because i haven´t had enough pieces... That´s the negative point: A few things went too short, but i wanted to facilitate the overall image of Helm´s Deep.
Thank you for your feedback!

Apr 27, 2013
UK
Just played this in forge for the first time and it is BREATHE-TAKING. For this reason is simply refuse to accept it without a gametype! You actually have a fair bit of budget left, couldn't you just make a simple flood or ctf gametype to go with this? its seems like such a waste to have such an amazing map which i cant share with the world due to a lack of a gametype.

If you do decide to make a gametype (please please please please!), here are a few things that i think could work:
1) give the defenders railguns because their charge up time, clip size and bullet delay are all similar to a bow and arrow
2) place immovable wraiths for attackers as catapults (1-way shield door facing down under the wraith)
3) consider making a small sewage hole in the wall like from lotr to balance the map a little
4) if you make a flood game, consider using one of the modded versions so that alpha flood are trolls (twice the size) with increased damage health etc :)

Reactions: Budddyyy

Buddy

Master
Feb 8, 2013
Germany
www.youtube.com
Just played this in forge for the first time and it is BREATHE-TAKING. For this reason is simply refuse to accept it without a gametype! You actually have a fair bit of budget left, couldn't you just make a simple flood or ctf gametype to go with this? its seems like such a waste to have such an amazing map which i cant share with the world due to a lack of a gametype.
I really really like the idea, but try to forge for example 3 pieces (no matter, what piece), it´s not possible! The budget doesn´t matter, if it´s not possible to put more pieces of any kind on the map, you know? :(
Do you understand it now? I really wanted to make a gametype, but it would cost some things of the map...So i just let it be an aesthetical map.

Apr 27, 2013
UK
I really really like the idea, but try to forge for example 3 pieces (no matter, what piece), it´s not possible! The budget doesn´t matter, if it´s not possible to put more pieces of any kind on the map, you know? :(

Do you understand it now? I really wanted to make a gametype, but it would cost some things of the map...So i just let it be an aesthetical map.

Ah i see your point. Is it just blocks that you can't place or is it objectives and spawns and stuff too? Because i don't think this really needs any more pieces, yeah the attackers could do with a little cover but i'm sure that if it was a flood gametype it could be leveled out by the human's limited ammo or somethin.

The wall thing would be pretty awesome but i think its the castle / keep part of this map that really makes it epic, and the numerous caves through the mountains just awesome.

Apr 27, 2013
UK
There is always the option, dare i say it :eek:, to have 2 versions of the map: one purely aesthetical, and one with some of the visuals sacrificed for the sake of gameplay and (frame rate too). I noticed that there are hundreds of small rock pieces that make up the base of the ramp into the castle, would it be possible to make a version where these are swapped out for a few larger rocks that serve roughly the same purpose?

Out of interest how long did this take to make? i mean it seriously is just amazing lol

Buddy

Master
Feb 8, 2013
Germany
www.youtube.com
There is always the option, dare i say it :eek:, to have 2 versions of the map: one purely aesthetical, and one with some of the visuals sacrificed for the sake of gameplay and (frame rate too). I noticed that there are hundreds of small rock pieces that make up the base of the ramp into the castle, would it be possible to make a version where these are swapped out for a few larger rocks that serve roughly the same purpose?

Out of interest how long did this take to make? i mean it seriously is just amazing lol
Cool idea, maybe i´ll meet that! :y: Well, 10-12 hours at least... :lurk:

Reactions: Rabid MidgetMan
Apr 27, 2013
UK
Cool idea, maybe i´ll meet that! :y: Well, 10-12 hours at least... :lurk:

Cool, well i look forward to seeing a gametype for this of some descript whether its on this map or a similar one: happy forging! (always wanted to say that ^.^)

That's a shame about the limited spawning and stuff didn't expect that :/

Zaelkyria

BK Forger Extraordinaire
Jan 23, 2014
I really like it !
It's clean, and it looks like the original.

I love LoTR, thanls for this map. :)

Reactions: Buddy