Halo Halo Customs-Gold Hosts

I've done waht any person would do to get players into my customs. I've amde a good name, made it sound fun, give a summary to what we will be doing and put a small joke in the beginning and a reference to it at the end. So is there anything else to it or is there more? Cause im really lost on it. I used to get people in my customs, (3-6) and now i dont. Got any "gold" tips? Thanks in advance for helping!

Insane54

Founder
Dec 23, 2012
New York, New York
www.halocustoms.com
That's all really great stuff, so you're well on your way! Consider that you can't really ever know how many people will want to play, so there's always going to be some level of more than expected/less than expected. You also should consider times that you start/end your lobby -- peak times are later in the day, especially at night in the US timezones.

The biggest thing I can suggest is becoming a part of the community: just hanging out, posting, say hi in the chatbox, etc and join other people's games. As you integrate yourself with the community, your name becomes more and more known, and then it's "oh, it's his party, let's join!" rather than seemingly 'random'. Good luck!

Jorriley

Expert
Mar 30, 2013
I would go with what insane says and no offense don't listen to this other guy I wanted gold host for a thing called gold host vs community a couple weeks back and I was fairly known through out the community by then only had 15 ratings all from friends I know so what I did was, with the support of other gold hosts, earned 88 ratings in 6-7 lobbies I can't remember which. I didn't put anything special in my post except for my gaming communities emblem but I did put (road to gold) in the titles of my lobbies and I got 20-30 rsvp's and about 15 ratings a night but you definitely need to get well known as a host and a community player

Reactions: GrmnEscaltrPrty
That's all really great stuff, so you're well on your way! Consider that you can't really ever know how many people will want to play, so there's always going to be some level of more than expected/less than expected. You also should consider times that you start/end your lobby -- peak times are later in the day, especially at night in the US timezones.

The biggest thing I can suggest is becoming a part of the community: just hanging out, posting, say hi in the chatbox, etc and join other people's games. As you integrate yourself with the community, your name becomes more and more known, and then it's "oh, it's his party, let's join!" rather than seemingly 'random'. Good luck!
Thanks for the tips and tricks and i just realized i hit qualified instead of novice!
I would go with what insane says and no offense don't listen to this other guy I wanted gold host for a thing called gold host vs community a couple weeks back and I was fairly known through out the community by then only had 15 ratings all from friends I know so what I did was, with the support of other gold hosts, earned 88 ratings in 6-7 lobbies I can't remember which. I didn't put anything special in my post except for my gaming communities emblem but I did put (road to gold) in the titles of my lobbies and I got 20-30 rsvp's and about 15 ratings a night but you definitely need to get well known as a host and a community player
Ok I'll try to be more active here and there on the site and in the gaming community as so to be more well known rather than that random guy whos posting lobbies and such.

Z3MAST3R

Flaming Ninja
Jan 21, 2013
United Kingdom
www.twitch.tv
I was a Gold Host...for two days. I haven't changed much about my lobby posts in that time.
The main thing I look for in a lobby post is that it is clear and someone has put effort into it. I then assume that they will also put effort into the lobby.
As far as my lobby posts go, I just make it attractive and easy to read. If you want an example look here. Although there are plenty of lobbies which you can get ideas from. One more thing, turn up to the other Gold hosts' lobbies to get an idea of what things to do. Also if you are a good lobby host, you will get recognized and people will join your lobbies. Last thing I have to say is do not organize your lobby at the same time as a gold hosts' lobby, you are not likely to get as many rsvps as another day. Remember, you have got to start somewhere. Good luck to you GrmnEscaltrPrty