Halo "Halo 5" is not the next Halo?

After watching this video and knowing information that you now know...which is it?

• Total voters

0IAH

Expert
Jan 12, 2013
STL
There has been a lot of controversy over whether the next Halo is going to be "Halo 5" or not. I have compiled a video together explaining what makes the next Halo game likely to be called "Halo 5" and why it might not be "Halo 5".

After making this video, @bsangel [343i's senior community manager] said this on twitter: "We're calling it Halo Xbox One right now." in response to @biowolf93's "call the new halo halo 5? Lots of controversy"

This leads me to think that the next Halo could very well be a "side-game" sort of like "Halo: Reach" maybe 343i is just thinking of a word to put after "Halo:" ...who knows.

Overall, this whole situation can be kind of confusing - for more information, watch the video for sources that lead towards the name being "Halo 5" and some sources that lead towards the name not being "Halo 5":

One more thing, if the next Halo is a "side-game" like Halo: Reach -- what should the word after "Halo: ______" be? Any ideas?

Forgebook

Qualified
May 15, 2013
California
www.youtube.com
I was a little confused on the reason as well like why not call it Halo 5. There must be some reason, although Microsoft did tweet Halo 5 trailer when this first came out so idk...I would name it Halo: The mystery of the cracked helmet...lol

Reactions: 0IAH

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
While this game may not actually be called "Halo 5", there can be little doubt that that's what it will be. It's been confirmed that Halo 4 is the start of a new trilogy, and that trilogy isn't going to be interrupted to release a "side game" starring the same main character. I don't think that "Halo 5" as a title really rolls off the tongue, so having an alternate name would be preferable, similar to the first game have the title "Halo: Combat Evolved". I wouldn't be surprised if 343i is currently working to make a decision as far as whether or not to use an alternate title, and what that title will be. But is it another game entirely? I very highly doubt it.

Mr Rogers4

Master
Jan 21, 2013
Utah
If we take a dive to the past, we do know all the Halo side games like Reach and ODST doesn't really involve Master Chief. If this does happen to be a side game with Master Chief, I personally would be a little confused and think "Is this continuing the storyline, or is this just a side story?" I'm sure I won't be the only one who would be confused as the next Halo would be "Halo 5" or something other than, if Master Chief is involved.

cam2602

Proficient
Apr 16, 2013
If we take a dive to the past, we do know all the Halo side games like Reach and ODST doesn't really involve Master Chief. If this does happen to be a side game with Master Chief, I personally would be a little confused and think "Is this continuing the storyline, or is this just a side story?" I'm sure I won't be the only one who would be confused as the next Halo would be "Halo 5" or something other than, if Master Chief is involved.
Agreeing with this.
Also, if you look on the ground when the 5 is in the sky, there is a 5 written in the sand. Personally to me the 5 in the sky looks like it could be coincidence but the five on the ground looks pretty solid.
I am not saying that it will just be called halo 5 it might have a subtitle like
HALO 5
MYSTERY OF THE CRACKED HELMET
except better
But I'm pretty certain that halo 5 will be the main name.

Great Mist

Master
Jan 18, 2013
Where the Mist takes me
youtube.com
I believe that the Trailer is a lot of things we may or may not see. I've heard about "Halo Xbox One" Which to me might be a filler for the 4 years the chief was under. That reminds me. What the hell happened in those 4 years? Where did the arbiter go? These are my questions.........