Halo 5 Forge Guides

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
Having trouble building or designing maps in Halo 5? Here is a collection of guides which should help. This list will be updated continuously. If you're aware of any good resources we missed, please link them below.

____________________________Videos____________________________
Basics: tutorials covering the basics of Halo 5's controls and simple tricks

Scripting:
tutorials covering all things related to Halo 5's scripting system

Last edited:

unearthly

Novice
Jan 3, 2016
Adelaide, Australia
Hi peoples, just spent some time on my first Halo 5 Forge map and I just do not know how to set up a simple two team CTF with a flag for each. I made some in Reach Forge five years ago. I hope someone can provide a guide listing the specific requirements (objects and settings) for each game mode in Halo 5's forge.

Vader

Qualified
May 30, 2013
Does anyone know what the default power state of objects is? You can set it to ON or OFF but haven't figured out which it defaults to at the start yet. Anyone know?

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
Hi peoples, just spent some time on my first Halo 5 Forge map and I just do not know how to set up a simple two team CTF with a flag for each. I made some in Reach Forge five years ago. I hope someone can provide a guide listing the specific requirements (objects and settings) for each game mode in Halo 5's forge.
Everything you need is actually on the large platform already placed on each forge canvas. For CTF, you simply need a flag stand for each team with the "CTF Flag and Flag Return" (or similar) label. These will each spawn the corresponding team's flag and will act as the scoring location for the opposing team's flag. The only other thing you'll need to do is set up static spawns to keep those pesky blues from spawning in red base and vice versa. To achieve this, place a spawn volume owned by blue team covering blue team's side of the map. Towards the bottom of the object properties menu, there is an option which can be selected to prevent the opposing team from using all spawn points within the volume. Select this an then repeat the process for red team on their side of the map.
Does anyone know what the default power state of objects is? You can set it to ON or OFF but haven't figured out which it defaults to at the start yet. Anyone know?
Power sets appear to actually default to a null state which is neither "off" nor "on". So, you'll need to change the state before it will do anything.

Reactions: unearthly

unearthly

Novice
Jan 3, 2016
Adelaide, Australia
Everything you need is actually on the large platform already placed on each forge canvas. For CTF, you simply need a flag stand for each team with the "CTF Flag and Flag Return" (or similar) label. These will each spawn the corresponding team's flag and will act as the scoring location for the opposing team's flag. The only other thing you'll need to do is set up static spawns to keep those pesky blues from spawning in red base and vice versa. To achieve this, place a spawn volume owned by blue team covering blue team's side of the map. Towards the bottom of the object properties menu, there is an option which can be selected to prevent the opposing team from using all spawn points within the volume. Select this an then repeat the process for red team on their side of the map.

Afraid I am still unsure. I have a flag for Red Team and another for Blue Team. Also initial spawns and respawns for each team. The corresponding red and blue colors on the spawn and flag objects are produced when I assign Team 1 (defender) and Team 2 (attacker) respectively. I would have thought there would simply be Red Team and Blue Team options. For both flags I have the labels cft.include and cft.flagspawn & return, again assigned to either Team 1 (defender) and Team 2 (attacker). I am thinking having different spawns assigned to Team 1 and Team 2 should exclude either team from using the others spawns (without using those spawn volumes)? I have only tried testing the map in Custom Game mode by myself, which was fine for Reach. I assume I am doing something wrong or misunderstanding the process.

Addendum, the answer was having a friend as the opposing team member join me in the map loaded in Custom Game. Unlike Reach there has to be a Blue and a Red player for the corresponding flags to be spawned.

Last edited: