Halo Halo 4 Tournament BS

FloydRTC95

Adept
Jan 9, 2013
Tucson, AZ
Alright, I am not usually this vulgar, but WHY THE FUCK can't Arizona residents register in the new tournament?!
The Halo 4 Grand Championship thingy looks awesome, and I really want to compete, but I can't, because I live in Arizona. Why, do you ask? Because Virgin Gaming is the sponsor and host of the tournament, and there is apparently some BULLSHIT law out there that prohibits Arizonans from participating in tournaments like this for MONEY. I can do any free tournament I want, but if I want to earn the $200K prize, I CAN'T.
Will someone explain this absolute BULLSHIT?! I was looking forward to kicking major ass and now I can't do jack shit.

VaultingFrog

Adept
May 2, 2013
Walmart
Contact your state government and log a complaint. Generally that is state law stuff so dont blame Virgin Gaming. Also sence it is a law there really isnt anything anybody can do about it.

VaultingFrog

Adept
May 2, 2013
Walmart
It is something I have noticed with a lot of different "contests" out there. Arizona gets excluded and the only reason I can come up with is that there is some sort of state law prohibiting said events that originate outside of Arizona (or some other related nonsense that prohibits them).

I didnt check too deeply because, quite frankly, I just dont care. It doesnt apply to me. Sorry dude.

Insane54

Founder
Dec 23, 2012
New York, New York
www.halocustoms.com
Participation in fee-based tournaments for prizes is prohibited in the following states: Alaska, Arizona, Delaware, Iowa, Maryland, North Dakota, Tennessee and Vermont.

Like VaultingFrog said, this is a state law, so you'll have to either move or bring it up with your local government!