Halo Halo 3 ODST vidmaster endure achievement

spartan 293

Novice
May 1, 2013
England
I personally have wanted to get this achievement for a long time. Who else wants to get it and if so tell me and I might try to organise something. If you already have could you offer some advice? Thanks. At this current moment in time I am about to go on holiday and so can not do it instantly. But leave a message if you want to join. Also keep in mind there are only 3 other spaces and so spaces are limited. You also need to be very skilled and need to brush up on your tactics.

SOLIDSNAKEee

Salad Snack
Jan 26, 2013
Ireland
I'd recommend taking a look at this and try reading through some of the tips.Another thing I'd recommend is if you're having trouble with the achievement then try Lost Platoon but be prepared to sit there for a few hours.

Reactions: spartan 293

spartan 293

Novice
May 1, 2013
England
I'd recommend taking a look at this and try reading through some of the tips.Another thing I'd recommend is if you're having trouble with the achievement then try Lost Platoon but be prepared to sit there for a few hours.
What map do you recommend tyring for this achievement on as I was thinking lost chasm.

SOLIDSNAKEee

Salad Snack
Jan 26, 2013
Ireland
What map do you recommend tyring for this achievement on as I was thinking lost chasm.

A good team , coordination and lots and lots of enemy callouts. Personally I had more luck with Lost Platoon but it comes down to personal preference and what the team plays best on. I think the reason Lost Platoon works so well is because of its warthog and the fact it never has to reload and combined with the hill as a vantage point , it clears out a significant number of enemies.

Tedium

I Used to be Somebody
Dec 24, 2012
UK
Right! So. I'm in.

Firefight in ODST was my all-time favorite aspect of Halo. Ever. I was totally into it, spending hours a day practicing solo, learning everything down to the patterns of the waves, exact strategies for each enemies, and corresponding strategies for each enemy in each map. After getting Endure with a group of 3 friends (who were all very bad at it...) we must have tried at least 15 times. In the end, when we got better, we would be losing so close to the end - about halfway through Set 4 :laugh:

Don't worry though, I've personally gotten really good at it. From all the practice trying to get endure, I was able to solo the rest of the maps and get each and every 200k points achievement. So I should be good enough to try this again :rofl:

Anyway, I already have the Endure achievement, but I'd love to help you out with my experience and advice to help you get yours. Count me in!

P.S. Alpha Site. Its X-shape allows two teams of two to aims down two natural choke points. By the time enemies get into the center, they'll be blasted by the full force of a 4-man crossfire. Alpha Site's shape is the most defensible by far, and makes it impossible for enemies to sneak up on you, or surround you.

Reactions: SOLIDSNAKEee

SOLIDSNAKEee

Salad Snack
Jan 26, 2013
Ireland
I feel your pain Tedium , getting that achievement was a long painful process :laugh:. On another note why Alpha Site and not Lost Platoon ? Is it the 2 choke points or the close quarters aspect?

Tedium

I Used to be Somebody
Dec 24, 2012
UK
I feel your pain Tedium , getting that achievement was a long painful process :laugh:. On another note why Alpha Site and not Lost Platoon ? Is it the 2 choke points or the close quarters aspect?

Both. Lost platoon sounds nice at first, but in the end it's just too risky due to the vehicular enemies. Splatters and Wraith blasts are instant, and often unexpected. There's not much you can do to survive a factor as random as that. With Alpha Site, everything is more controlled. And if you die, it's because you got overrun. And if you get overrun, its due to bad teamwork. As long as teamwork's tight, almost nobody will die. When we finished Endure, we had 15 lives left over and could have kept going if we weren't celebrating so hard :laugh:

Tedium

I Used to be Somebody
Dec 24, 2012
UK
Oh yeah

GT: Davastan

Just gimme a date :) I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for sure.

SOLIDSNAKEee

Salad Snack
Jan 26, 2013
Ireland
Both. Lost platoon sounds nice at first, but in the end it's just too risky due to the vehicular enemies. Splatters and Wraith blasts are instant, and often unexpected. There's not much you can do to survive a factor as random as that. With Alpha Site, everything is more controlled. And if you die, it's because you got overrun. And if you get overrun, its due to bad teamwork. As long as teamwork's tight, almost nobody will die. When we finished Endure, we had 15 lives left over and could have kept going if we weren't celebrating so hard :laugh:

Huh? I always thought the vehicle aspect made it easier ( I was always great at stockpiling choppers so it just made it easier to mow them down :laugh: ).But yeah , in hind sight I see what you mean.