H2A Forge: Scripting Guide

buddhacrane

Proficient
Nov 2, 2014
So I've been experimenting with IF statements, not sure if this has already been done... but it is an interesting concept...

Thoughts?

IF statements are basically a combination of certain Logic Gates - depending, of course, on what your IF statement is trying to check.

For example: If you're talking about checking "IF this AND this THEN do this" (which is what you're video is showing) then that can be represented with a 2-Input AND Logic Gate. To create this in Halo, you only need 2 Switch Broadcasters and 1 Timer: On Once Broadcaster.

I've covered how to represent all the different types of Logic Gates within Halo's Scripting in this post: http://halocustoms.com/threads/h2a-forge-scripting-guide.18405/#post-109393.

From the various Logic Gates you can create any IF statement you'd want, limited only by how many Scripting Objects Forge lets you add - if you're wondering just how complicated you can make it, well, I've managed to create a fully-working Tower of Hanoi 4-disc high tower puzzle using Halo's Scripting, and it used up all the Scripting Objects.

I intend to cover all this in video form at some point.

wizton

Master
Sep 17, 2013
England
www.youtube.com