Halo Grunticide-Game mode idea.

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
United States, Mississippi
Gunticide is a 4v4 game mode where players control grunts, and must protect the Huragok(engineer), which is semi-A.I. controlled. Each team has 1 Huragok which gives them shields, when destroyed the team who owned that Huragok can no longer respawn and loses their shields. One member of each team is a commander, if killed any other player within 7 meters(~33 feet) of the dead commander goes into third-person and their grunt runs away, but can be controlled(the animation would be similar to grunts in campaign). The only perk of being commander is that you can command your Huragok to move with the armor ability button as normal grunts don't have AAs. Plasma pistol at spawn with 1 plasma nade, Grunts could only be allowed one weapon making the alternate weapon button useless. Only certain weapons would be allowed because of the Grunt's size. Now for teams simple Red Vs. Blue colors would work, but for 11 years the war has involved only the Sangheili & Humans. So, I propose Covenant Grunts Vs. Heretic Grunts-

grunt-comp_zpsd71e37ab.jpg

Obviously the Grunts would be restricted to their playlist(or just game mode). I'd like to put this up on Waypoint(Halo Xbox One section), even though it would be ignored and immediately flooded by other posts. Please inform me of any changes that need to be made, also constructive criticism is welcomed.

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
to complicated to mod in, would be buggy as hell if it was

I'd think it would be impossible, the covenant Grunt's model isn't even in Halo 4 unless its some really old left over thing like those unused weapons.

would even be a pain to set up for a map (more so than conversion or halo reach invasion)

I wouldn't think so, add a Huragok spawn and just place it in the air where you want it(with a certain distance that it has to be away from other objects). Then just set intial/respawns to Grunt_spawn, I'm probably talking out of my ass and your right that it would be a complete and total bitch to make a map for, but it seems easy to me.

DeadlockDrago

Expert
Apr 22, 2013
Where Gods Fear To Tread
I'd think it would be impossible, the covenant Grunt's model isn't even in Halo 4 unless its some really old left over thing like those unused weapons.

I wouldn't think so, add a Huragok spawn and just place it in the air where you want it(with a certain distance that it has to be away from other objects). Then just set intial/respawns to Grunt_spawn, I'm probably talking out of my ass and your right that it would be a complete and total bitch to make a map for, but it seems easy to me.

1st off there is a halo 4 grunt model (have you even played the campaign? 2nd thing last time i checked the engineers float up into the air, how are u supposed to get it up there by commanding it, not to mention the facts that it can fly into a kill barrier or outside the map, or that your grunt will be FORCED TO RUN AWAY if the commander dies, OR that 1 person ends up as the commander and not multiple people. besides, lets say the commander dies, whats to engineer gonna do?

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
This would actually make for a rather fun and unique game mode. There's about a million more pressing concerns that need to be dealt with before a game mode like this could really be considered, but this would still be really cool in theory. Interestingly enough, grunts can wield most covenant weapons, all the way up to the fuel rod gun. This would definitely be entertaining. Seeing some kind of Covenant Grunt vs Heretic Grunt mechanic on the visual sde of things would be interesting as well, and adding in the grunt's thruster packs from Halo 4 could mix things up as well. What's more, grunts can even drive ghosts around.

While I see no way, and no reason that this would actually be implemented into Halo 4 or a future Halo game, it is still an interesting idea to think about.

Reactions: FREEDOM COBRA

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
This would actually make for a rather fun and unique game mode. There's about a million more pressing concerns that need to be dealt with before a game mode like this could really be considered, but this would still be really cool in theory. Interestingly enough, grunts can wield most covenant weapons, all the way up to the fuel rod gun. This would definitely be entertaining. Seeing some kind of Covenant Grunt vs Heretic Grunt mechanic on the visual sde of things would be interesting as well, and adding in the grunt's thruster packs from Halo 4 could mix things up as well. What's more, grunts can even drive ghosts around.

While I see no way, and no reason that this would actually be implemented into Halo 4 or a future Halo game, it is still an interesting idea to think about.
Honestly, like most things I came up with this while I was bored. I know the most important things right now are balance, maps, and forge. The weapon I was thinking the Grunts couldn't use were mostly the precision weapons and melee. I like the idea of the thruster pack, but it doesn't fit the Grunt(unless I'm forgetting something), the dive they do whenever you lob a nade is more in the spirit of the grunt and it has about the same effect just more amusing. The ghost would be interesting, but the issued is that Halo's never had a "Destroy/kill this once to win" objective mode and with the higher durability, mobility, and firepower of the ghost it may be a little OP. Of course that may be offset by the plasma pistol at spawn. Now to back peddle a bit, I know that game modes arn't the most important thing, but I always like the little things the best. I love Halo 4, but it lacks personality in that there's no Grunts talking to me as an easter egg, no Elites going WortWortWort(Go, go, go), or no "Puma" written in warthog tires. I know that might not be the case to most, but for me those things are important.

1st off there is a halo 4 grunt model (have you even played the campaign? 2nd thing last time i checked the engineers float up into the air, how are u supposed to get it up there by commanding it, not to mention the facts that it can fly into a kill barrier or outside the map, or that your grunt will be FORCED TO RUN AWAY if the commander dies, OR that 1 person ends up as the commander and not multiple people. besides, lets say the commander dies, whats to engineer gonna do?

1: Not the covenant one, I forgot what to call them until Ducky reminded me- Heretic.
2: The Huragok would have a range as to where it can fly and you wouldn't have to be near it to command, like I said as an armor ability you can command it. Basically look at a wall and use the AA, your grunt points in the general direction and the Huragok flies over. Also the fact that only the commander can command the Huragok and that his death "scatters" the grunts gives you a reason to protect him. If the commander is dead, your Huragok is likely dead in the water.

DeadlockDrago

Expert
Apr 22, 2013
Where Gods Fear To Tread
2: The Huragok would have a range as to where it can fly and you wouldn't have to be near it to command, like I said as an armor ability you can command it. Basically look at a wall and use the AA, your grunt points in the general direction and the Huragok flies over. Also the fact that only the commander can command the Huragok and that his death "scatters" the grunts gives you a reason to protect him. If the commander is dead, your Huragok is likely dead in the water.

That reminds me, we still need a VIP gametype modded back in. it would also be a step towards this game (if it were to be made)