Grifball Varients

Mr Rogers4

Master
Jan 21, 2013
Utah
I am curious to why no one has tried to make an interesting variant and/or map for Grifball. The Grifball I usually see is the one Box shaped map with the classic variant that everybody knows. Has anyone made any custom maps or different variant of Grifball, or is it taking away from the true element of Grifball?
I know that the Grifball settings are somewhat restricting so you can't do much with that, but how about any custom maps?
I do have something that needs testing which is a lot like Grifball but with flags (CTF version of Grifball). I'm just wondering if anyone made something from the Grifball idea.

Reactions: SGC and ShockBolt21

IAMAGUN15

Proficient
Jan 10, 2013
North Carolina
Well I made a Lacrosse Map and Game type, It's not a box map (it has a rock arch and a tall structure)
The game type is LAX and the ball carrier moves very slowly but can take a couple hits, he is also the only player that can be assassinated, players have unlimited sprint and 150% run speed. I'm testing with swords and hammers and im still working out the number of hits to kill both the carrier and the normal players. after some short play testing I have confirmed that this actually is pretty fun as long as every one works together, The structure is very good for getting the ball down to the other side of the field but it takes a lot of team work to get it there. The rocks are very useful for ambushing unsuspecting ball carriers but only the combination of every thing plus good teamwork can help.
I don't have an actual hard drive but once it is done I will post it up on my friends file share (zeezke99)

Reactions: NinetysBorn

NinetysBorn

Master
Jan 29, 2013
California USA
you know im the best forger in the universe, ill think of something real quick :innocent: i didnt say i can pull it off, but saying it is impossible is not the right mindset dont you think? :)

I never said it was impossible, I was just doubtful. If someone can create a new grifball gametype that works I'm sure it would be awesome. I encourage anyone to do so, not the other way around. :)