Gaming Gone Home

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
I don't know how many other people have played this game, but I figured I'd check and see. It is $10 on Steam right now and is usually $20. I picked it up because I had heard very good things and because I am interested in non-traditional and indirect storytelling methods, which the game is a masterpiece of.

The story itself is very simple, but the way it is presented it just... beautiful. Not graphically or mechanically, both of which are very simple, but just in the way it touches you (or touched me at least.) I certainly wouldn't recommend it if you are looking for an action or adventure game, or even a normal game in general, but if you are interested in a good story this might be for you. Also, despite appearances this is not a horror game, even if wandering around the dark house can be creepy as fuck just like it is in real life. There is no monster. I promise. Maybe. ;)

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
I don't really understand anything about the story from that video. Could you explain a little bit about it?
You aren't supposed to know anything about the story beforehand. The story itself is a simple one and is kind of easy to predict what is going to happen, but it's presented in a lot of really great ways, it really puts you in the shoes of the characters. All you know before going in is that you are a person who arrived at the new family home after a year abroad in Europe. Your family moved here during that time so you have never seen the place. When you arrive you find no one at home, and you explore the house piecing together the events of the past year, the inner workings of your mom, dad, and sister's lives and personalities and the history of the house.