Master Debaytes

⚆▽⚆
Dec 31, 2012
UF
Gold Hosts
vs
Community
Results!

(I would have used an image there, but dat image limit...)

So a man named Charles Stoot thought up this ludicrous idea that the Gold Hosts were worthy enough to compare themselves to the mighty staff members. Led by his arrogance and pride, he foolishly led the Gold Hosts to take on the unsuspecting members of the community, to prove that if the staff could defeat the community, so could they.

They stormed into battle, clad in shiny golden plates and helmets, truly believing they would have the upper hand against the community. Little did they know, they were wrong to think that the community would be such an easy foe, just as the staff had made them seem so.

Alright, so while I am one to spoil things for others, you'll just have to read through the whole thing to find out what happened here (or you could just scroll down to the bottom of the post... I won't stop you but that's just lame. You know you're lame when a guy nicknamed "Debbie" calls you lame).

Anyway, the winning team was decided in a competition of team-based games. The first team to take home 5 wins would be the victor. Surprisingly, Charles managed to fit all of the games in the 2 hours (I'll give him a medal, this was his crowning achievement of the lobby).

***Important! Please read before going ahead!***

Also, just so you all are aware, the Gold Hosts were the Red Team throughout the whole lobby while the community rocked the Blue Team (so there's no confusion later in the recap).

Without further ado, it's time for the official recap!

Round 1

Extraction 1-Site Small on Novus

Personally, I have never played this variant of Extraction or the map, so I felt at a bit of a disadvantage here. Honestly, no one on the community team really knew the map either, so you can imagine the results of this one.

This first round, while it didn't set the tone for the rest of the games, showed the community that in order to have any chance of winning, they would need some teamwork. The Gold Hosts took advantage of our lack of coordination and did a good number on us the first game...

3_zps46d3b9a3.jpg
Most of the first game looked like this: the blue team scrambling to get the red team off the bomb.​

At first we thought it was a skill gap, but then this happened...

1_zps82aea2da.jpg
A rocket going through your leg? Explain that Jorriley. EXPLAIN.

Final Score:
Gold Hosts: 5
Community: 1

Gold Hosts are up 1-0!

Round 2

Circumvention on Orbital

I was looking forward to this game, and with good reason. This was my personal choice for the mini game to be featured in this bout, and if any of you have ever played Circumvention with me, well, you understand why. Picking up the major slack in teamwork from last game, the community team finally got the hang of working together to take on the petty golden foe. I worked my magic and carried my team with 56 seconds of ball carrier time (come on, you know I was going to brag in this recap somewhere).

5_zpsdbadaeec.jpg
Of course, I was passing the ball over the red heads a lot too.

4_zpsf780e90f.jpg
And of course, there were plenty of stops and interceptions, keeping the scores close throughout the game.
My team followed my lead and secured our first win over the Gold Hosts! It seemed that only A J Yusi could be a formidable challenge to us in such a game (he was the ball carrier for 53 seconds, and killed the most ball carriers in the entire game. Despite his team's loss, it was a valiant effort).

Final Score:
Community: 150
Gold Hosts: 140

The score is tied 1-1!

Round 3

Ro Sham Bo on Ro Sham Bo Stairway

For the Gold Hosts' second pick, they chose Ro Sham Bo Stairway, as opposed to the original hallway on Erosion. While there was a bit of concern that the winner of this game would be based on the luck of the draw, that wasn't the case here. The weapons were fairly evened out for every one of the ten rounds, and it supplied the means for one of the closest games of Ro Sham Bo I have ever taken part in.

9_zps31a0e88a.jpg
It was a bit early on in the game, but come on, who doesn't love a good baggin'?

Carrying a bit of momentum from their previous win, the community team took an early lead in Ro Sham Bo. For once, it wasn't a matter of the weapons, it was the players. Just One Player to be exact. He completely carried the community team through the early rounds of the third game.

8_zps4397511a.jpg
Also, this 5-in-1 incineration cannon helped, although not by him.
Despite our efforts, we couldn't stop the Goldies from making a come back.

7_zps63c4ce9b.jpg
Stupid triple kill is stupid.

In the end, the community couldn't keep up the same momentum in the final round as in the rest of the game. Consequently, it cost them a loss that should have been their win...

Final Score:
Gold Hosts: 55
Community: 53

Gold Hosts lead with a score 2-1!

Round 4

Team Speedrun - Survival on Speedrun

Yes, you read that right. TEAM SPEEDRUN. Due to such popular demand from the community to play this game in the competition, Charles made a team variant of the game type to accommodate. How nice of him.

10_zpsed5e3cf5.jpg
Glorious right path master race!

The usual game of parkour was transformed into a game of sabotage. Two teams worked together to stop each other from reaching the final platform. While players from each side worked to mess up players of the other, there was also plenty of self-sabotage among teammates. Actually, there was probably A LOT more of the latter. ;)

Following the previous game pattern, the community took full advantage of their pick and dominated the Gold Host team with ease, leaving the Gold Host team 2 pity points for the final two rounds of the game.

12_zps6255893a.jpg
Nice try, Swash.
Final Score:
Community: 3
Gold Hosts: 2

The score is tied again at 2-2!

Round 5

Paintball on Paintball (Rocks)

For their third game pick, the Gold Hosts decided on a bit of a more competitive game, Paintball. Why Paintball? Well, I don't know, I'm not a mind reader. Ask them.

15_zps3f1b35e8.jpg
The "X" is for "Red Team Sux."
Unlike the traditional game of Paintball, this version was not one life, and the score was to 1000, much like Big Team Slayer (that is, if Big Team Slayer consisted of Plasma Pistols that killed players in one bolt of energy. Yes, I said bolt of energy, not bullet. That thing doesn't fire bullets guys, otherwise it would be called the bullet pistol, not the plasma pistol).

13_zpsa10c67d8.jpg
Here's me racking up the first overkill of the game!

14_zpsfa55dc4a.jpg
And here's Spades 1-uping me with the Killtacular. Oh you sonuva-!

Unfortunately for the Gold Host team, the easy win from the last game gave the community enough confidence to keep riding the victory train.

Final Score:
Community: 1000
Gold Hosts: 780

Community leads with a score of 3-2!

Round 6

Chill Feet on Hot Seat

The community decided to try out one of my mini games for their pick (thanks a million guys). It's a king of the hill game, where both teams fight through metal bars to push the opposing team out of the hill to earn uncontested hill points. Once a player is knocked out of the hill, he can be killed with a concussion rifle shot or a BR burst to the head. Also, the hill moves between different shapes and locations in a random pattern, to add to the chaos.

16_zpsa19e8fcf.jpg
And oh what a chaotic game it was...
As you can imagine, any game with concussion rifles will be a screen shaking experience. However, the Gold Hosts experienced it much more than we did. To put it simply, the community dominated the Gold Hosts without opposition (and that was WITHOUT my helpful advice, for those of you that say they had an unfair advantage because the map creator was on their team).

18_zpsbc6fef62.jpg
The infamous "Up Against the Bars" Hill strikes again!

Z0mbieK1ller27 especially did a number on them, with 685 points (by far, a new record for the game. Good job man). All in all, the community put forth a great effort and pulled off a tremendous win against the Gold Host Team, earning their fourth win with one to go.

Final Score:
Community: 27
Gold Hosts: 2

The community widens the gap 4-2!

Round 7

TC_Bounty on Assassins Creed

This game... THIS. GAME. This game was an absolute nightmare compared to the previous ones.

Fully determined to redeem the several crushing defeats before, the Gold Hosts really stepped their game up for this one. They selected a map that several of them were very familiar with. As you can imagine, many of the community players had never seen the map or the gametype, let alone understand the concept behind it.

19_zps0a5ffb2e.jpg
Red Team, wat r u doin?
20_zps277d1b26.jpg
Red Team...
21_zpsbc7f4f52.jpg
STAHP!

Even after figuring out how we could take the win, we were beaten until we could see nothing but spinning gold stars. There was absolutely nothing the community could do to stop them this time around. It was our total loss (you bunch of cheaters, as Spades would say).

Final Score:
Gold Hosts: 305
Community: -106

The community stills leads 4-3!

Round 8

JOPshooter on Silo Three

Of all of the games we played so far, I really liked this one the best. Not because of who won or lost this game, but because the map and gametype itself really worked well here. JOPshooter is a lot like Sharpshooter from Call of Duty Black Ops. Everyone in the game has the same, random weapon, and it switches out for another weapon after a certain time interval. The difference is that for this game, there was a 5-second interval between weapon swaps and there was only 1 life per round.

22_zps2107533d.jpg
Everyone knows that no game is complete without rockets!
23_zpsebd7889e.jpg
Red Guy on the Left: "Soon..."
24_zps5bdfece6.jpg
"Say 'ello to my little frien'!"

Final Score:
Community: 28
Gold Hosts: 20

The score is now 5-3, with the community in the lead! You know what that means...

Community Wins!
(Dat rainbow)

In the end, it seems that the Gold Hosts just couldn't match the Staff in community takedowns. Was it because the community members were strengthened from their previous defeats to the staff members? Was it because the majority of the games were mini games rather than competitive maps? Was it because the Gold Hosts just suck at Halo 4 as a whole? Who knows, and who cares? The community won, and that's all that matters (at least, in my book, until I eventually become a Gold Host in the future, then we may have a problem here).

Even though there was some major tension between the two teams throughout this competition, I think both teams can agree that it was fun. Charles enjoyed hosting it and he mentioned plans to host future competitions in the near future (so keep your A-game up, community, we've got a title to keep). So, see you all next time, and stay strong Halo Customs Community!

Also, shoutout to Pandaman. Whew!

Charles Stoot

Master
Jan 13, 2013
Maine
www.youtube.com
I'm glad the first round took place in my map. :)

Soon, I will be Gold Host. About 16 positive ratings away. I hope there'll be another one of these.
I look forward to playing with you in the next Competition possible next month depends on how organized I can get the next one to be. But don't worry there will be another one.

Player

Master
Feb 10, 2013
Maine
The guy who made JOPshooter must be a genius. I mea
I cant believe it only took JUST ONE PLAYER to make it! Wow.

Anyway, Debaytes. Perfect recap! Great job ;)

Jan 16, 2013
I noticed that people who had "Gold Host" status have reverted to "Expert".

What's gonna happen to this "Gold Host vs. Community" thing now?

Gold Host system is still in place as a title, although I think it requires 100 ratings once more which was the original quota required. members below this number will have reverted back to the standard ranks so to speak

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com
Gold Host system is still in place as a title, although I think it requires 100 ratings once more which was the original quota required. members below this number will have reverted back to the standard ranks so to speak

I guess that means I won't be able to join the next GH vs Community as a GH. Still at 46. And to think I would've been GH this coming weekend. -__-

Charles Stoot

Master
Jan 13, 2013
Maine
www.youtube.com
Don't be so sad Gold Host has no Meaning other than A title. You host and it rocks, You probable haven't noticed but when I first started hosting lobbies I would go to your lobby with Recon and it was a blast had so much fun. People only rate because they have a care and if they don't well they don't care which is most people. You'll get there soon keep your hopes up because I surely wont. I look forward to the day in which i am sitting at the table of Gold hosts with you.

Master Debaytes

⚆▽⚆
Dec 31, 2012
UF
Don't be so sad Gold Host has no Meaning other than A title. You host and it rocks, You probable haven't noticed but when I first started hosting lobbies I would go to your lobby with Recon and it was a blast had so much fun. People only rate because they have a care and if they don't well they don't care which is most people. You'll get there soon keep your hopes up because I surely wont. I look forward to the day in which i am sitting at the table of Gold hosts with you.
I would rather have my Love Guru title anyway.