Gaming Games You Wanted Ported to Consoles

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
United States, Mississippi
So, alot of games that started on PC have gotten console ports, Minecraft and (soon)World of Tanks are good examples. I'm curious what games other people might like to see on their Xbox 360/One or PS3/4... suck it Ouya and Wii U.

My list:
  • Smite
  • Day Z(after its full release of course)
  • Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
  • Team Fortress 2(I'll explain myself in a minute)
  • Killing Floor
  • Happy Wheels
Ok, the only one of these I might not want on console is Happy Wheels. I have an extremely shitty laptop and it can run Happy Wheels, I don't feel that it really needs to be on consoles. Also, Team Fortress 2 is on Xbox 360 as part of the Orange Box and I've got every Team Fortress achievement, but the game has no support. Its not very balanced and it only has 4-5 maps with two game types, if they supported it then I wouldn't have it on the list(I know it won't ever be updated but I'm putting on my list).

P.S. If a mod reads this feel free to fix the typo up top. wanted=want

VaultingFrog

Adept
May 2, 2013
Walmart
Freedom, you asked for opinions on which games a person would like to see be ported over to a console. I gave you my opinion, which is none considering I think the PC is a far better machine than any console. I answered your question. Wasn't starting any argument.

Sam The Great

Master
Jan 9, 2013
United States
Rollercoaster Tycoon --> Xbox One

The original game, it's expansions, and some additional features from Rollercoaster Tycoon 2. It would be awesome to share some tracks with friends and randoms over Xbox live.

Oh, and not oversimplified kiddy shit like the new Zoo Tycoon on the Xbox and Xbox One.

Jan 16, 2013
I'm curious what games other people might like to see on their Xbox 360/One or PS3/4... suck it Ouya and Wii U.

I would like to inform you that most "PC only" titles, heavily consisting of indie titles are mostly ported to the Vita, PS4 and Wii U... just to let you know.

Oh and Although the Xbox One/360 has Zoo Tycoon... it is an overly simplified, kinect heavy iteration that has not been released on the pc also so I'm not sure if that really counts, just in case that gets brought up :p

PC-wise though (remaining on topic) I absolutely LOVED Lionhead Studio's game, The Movies ^_^

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
"PC's are inferior to consoles"

:vincent:

For me yes, I don't have to build a PC and upgrade it every two years, or worry that a game won't run after I bought it. I can just sit down and play a game. For someone willing to go through the extra work you'll get it to look prettier which isn't a big deal at all, but you do get one really great thing, mods. Its just that for me a console is always better than a PC because of the way I enjoy games.

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
For me yes, I don't have to build a PC and upgrade it every two years, or worry that a game won't run after I bought it. I can just sit down and play a game. For someone willing to go through the extra work you'll get it to look prettier which isn't a big deal at all, but you do get one really great thing, mods. Its just that for me a console is always better than a PC because of the way I enjoy games.

A. 60-120 FPS and 1080P+ on every game. Xbone's are having trouble reaching 1080P and 60 FPS, and alot of games are 720P, with 30 FPS. A little prettier is a huge understatement.
B. I've bought 5 Xbox 360's within the last 6 years. This PC will last me another 3-4 years.

Something is not inferior because it can require work (Setting up Terraria/Starbound servers).

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
A. 60-120 FPS and 1080P+ on every game. Xbone's are having trouble reaching 1080P and 60 FPS, and alot of games are 720P, with 30 FPS. A little prettier is a huge understatement.
B. I've bought 5 Xbox 360's within the last 6 years. This PC will last me another 3-4 years.

Something is not inferior because it can require work (Setting up Terraria/Starbound servers).

Most your points are relative, I can't tell if something is above 30 fps and I've only had 2 Xbox 360 in the last 5 years. Now why has the topic changes from ports to PC Vs. Console?

Denseron

Novice
Feb 15, 2014
So, alot of games that started on PC have gotten console ports, Minecraft and (soon)World of Tanks are good examples. I'm curious what games other people might like to see on their Xbox 360/One or PS3/4... suck it Ouya and Wii U.

My list:
  • Smite
  • Day Z(after its full release of course)
  • Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
  • Team Fortress 2(I'll explain myself in a minute)
  • Killing Floor
  • Happy Wheels
Ok, the only one of these I might not want on console is Happy Wheels. I have an extremely shitty laptop and it can run Happy Wheels, I don't feel that it really needs to be on consoles. Also, Team Fortress 2 is on Xbox 360 as part of the Orange Box and I've got every Team Fortress achievement, but the game has no support. Its not very balanced and it only has 4-5 maps with two game types, if they supported it then I wouldn't have it on the list(I know it won't ever be updated but I'm putting on my list).

P.S. If a mod reads this feel free to fix the typo up top. wanted=want

Agreeing with DayZ... but it will take ages for the game to even be released...

...after that it will take ages to port it... I guess once it does come to consoles, it will be all but forgotten :(

Great Mist

Master
Jan 18, 2013
Where the Mist takes me
youtube.com
The conversation of PCs are better or Consoles are better is stupid. They're both computers ones just simplified version of the other. I like PC but Consoles are where I started so it's where I'm staying and @Tomtris I've had 2 Xboxes for 6 years so you might not be taking care of them

Greenh2

Master
Jan 10, 2013
The conversation of PCs are better or Consoles are better is stupid. They're both computers ones just simplified version of the other. I like PC but Consoles are where I started so it's where I'm staying and @Tomtris I've had 2 Xboxes for 6 years so you might not be taking care of them
Yes, I agree with you. They are both the same, but with differences. One is easier to download, navigate, and play. But, the other is more able to use 60fps, higher than 1080p, more storage, and more options with the internet. I know that PC is way better than console, but I still play the Xbox because there are games on the PC that I don't play. For example, the Halos past 2, Need For Speed (might be wrong), and GTA V (might also be wrong). It's not what's better, it's how you play the game. Speaking of PC games to consoles, I would like to see Slender. There is a Slender clone in the Indie Game section of Xbox, but it isn't the same