Halo Future Halo Campaigns: What Could They Have?

EagleTitan99

Qualified
Jul 28, 2013
So I was just thinking a second ago, and I had a random but interesting thought: what if in one of the future Halo games, you played as one of the Forerunners during the fall of their time? Maybe Master Chief finds some kind of terminal or A.I. that shows him what happened as the Forerunners disappeared from the point of view of a Forerunner warrior, and you played as the warrior.

Let me know what you'd think about something like that, and let's hear what other ideas you guys have about what future Halo campaigns should have

EagleTitan99

Qualified
Jul 28, 2013
If we got to play as the IsoDidact ( the other Didact that wasn't a douche ) then I'd be all for it. I'm extremely intrigued by the Forerunners though their rise and fall is described in the Forerunner trilogy books :p.

I love your description of the Didact from Halo 4, and I haven't read the last book of the Forerunner trilogy yet, so it might've described more about the fall of the Forerunners than I know. If they did something like that, it would also be a great way for people who don't read the books or actively hunt down all the Terminals in the games to learn more about what happened to the Forerunners. I know a lot of people who didn't read any of the books were confused as to where the Storm Faction for the Covenant came from in Halo , I wish they had answered that somehow in the game since I didn't read the books till after the game came out and had no idea why I was fighting Elites again. But I never thought about playing as the IsoDidact, now I want to play as him lol

SOLIDSNAKEee

Salad Snack
Jan 26, 2013
Ireland
I love your description of the Didact from Halo 4, and I haven't read the last book of the Forerunner trilogy yet, so it might've described more about the fall of the Forerunners than I know. If they did something like that, it would also be a great way for people who don't read the books or actively hunt down all the Terminals in the games to learn more about what happened to the Forerunners. I know a lot of people who didn't read any of the books were confused as to where the Storm Faction for the Covenant came from in Halo , I wish they had answered that somehow in the game since I didn't read the books till after the game came out and had no idea why I was fighting Elites again. But I never thought about playing as the IsoDidact, now I want to play as him lol

It's entirely possible and I'd pay good money for it. I was tempted to go into more detail as to why a Forerunner who loved humans , would turn against them but that'd be spoilers and for that you must read the glorious words from our lord and saviors book , Greg Bear.

In all seriousness though , 343i stated that you didn't have to read the books to have an understanding as to why you're fighting elites again though thats partially true the prologue terminal only gave a vague description as to why Jul M'dama is at Requiem.

EagleTitan99

Qualified
Jul 28, 2013
It's entirely possible and I'd pay good money for it. I was tempted to go into more detail as to why a Forerunner who loved humans , would turn against them but that'd be spoilers and for that you must read the glorious words from our lord and saviors book , Greg Bear.

In all seriousness though , 343i stated that you didn't have to read the books to have an understanding as to why you're fighting elites again though thats partially true the prologue terminal only gave a vague description as to why Jul M'dama is at Requiem.

I didn't try and find any of the Terminals, so I didn't ever watch it. I read the first two books of the Kilo-Five series and was able to figure out myself what was going on. An explanation as to what was happening should've been something in the cutscenes in my opinion, there would've been a lot less confusion for fans.

I don't really care about spoilers, I'm not sure when I'm gonna get the book but I don't think it'll be anytime soon. I'm guessing the Didact you fight in Halo 4 who hates humans was either 1) Another transformation Bornstellar made, similar to the one when he evolved into the IsoDidact and he lost his mempry or went crazy, 2) An imprint Bornstellar made on another Forerunner because he was dying or something like that, or 3) He was betrayed by humans or they killed\destroyed something\someone he loved. Feel free to correct me, I haven't read the books in a long time and still want to know what happened

SOLIDSNAKEee

Salad Snack
Jan 26, 2013
Ireland
I didn't try and find any of the Terminals, so I didn't ever watch it. I read the first two books of the Kilo-Five series and was able to figure out myself what was going on. An explanation as to what was happening should've been something in the cutscenes in my opinion, there would've been a lot less confusion for fans.

I don't really care about spoilers, I'm not sure when I'm gonna get the book but I don't think it'll be anytime soon. I'm guessing the Didact you fight in Halo 4 who hates humans was either 1) Another transformation Bornstellar made, similar to the one when he evolved into the IsoDidact and he lost his mempry or went crazy, 2) An imprint Bornstellar made on another Forerunner because he was dying or something like that, or 3) He was betrayed by humans or they killed\destroyed something\someone he loved. Feel free to correct me, I haven't read the books in a long time and still want to know what happened

So wrong in those answers.. so wrong indeed long story short the original Gravemind mind fucked the UrDidact and sent him mad. It left him believing that the only way to stop the flood , aside from firing the rings , was to make artificial Promethean Knights. Of course he done this but the Librarian stopped him and put him in his Cryptum to meditate to the Domain and she went back to Earth , she learned that firing Halo would destroy the Domain. She tried to stop the UrDidact from firing the Halo's but knowing the flood had already made it to the system , he ignored this request and fired them anyway , destroying the Domain and leaving the IsoDidact with nothing but his insanity for the next 100 millenia.

EagleTitan99

Qualified
Jul 28, 2013
So wrong in those answers.. so wrong indeed long story short the original Gravemind mind fucked the UrDidact and sent him mad. It left him believing that the only way to stop the flood , aside from firing the rings , was to make artificial Promethean Knights. Of course he done this but the Librarian stopped him and put him in his Cryptum to meditate to the Domain and she went back to Earth , she learned that firing Halo would destroy the Domain. She tried to stop the UrDidact from firing the Halo's but knowing the flood had already made it to the system , he ignored this request and fired them anyway , destroying the Domain and leaving the IsoDidact with nothing but his insanity for the next 100 millenia.

Alright, now I actually get it. Thanks, and yeah I figured I was way off in my answers, but those were the best guesses I had.

Reactions: SOLIDSNAKEee