Halo Full Auto or Precision?

What kind of primary loadout weapon do you prefer?

• Fully Automatic

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Precision

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • Both

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters

Tedium

I Used to be Somebody
Dec 24, 2012
UK
Here's an opinion I've always had with the game: We need more Full Auto-using players. I mean, I'm thinking back to when a Battle Rifle was somewhat challenging to find on a map. You didn't start off with one, you had to spend time looking for one. And if you didn't, then you ran out into the wasteland of Sandtrap with nothing but a magnum and your Assault Rifle.

I miss that.

Do you? Which do you prefer? Given our newly gained power of choice, would you play a game with only fully automatic weapons, or a game with only precision? Regardless of the map and what others have, do you like getting kills with an Assault Rifle, or Designated Marksman Rifle?

pinohkio

Proficient
Dec 30, 2012
New Brunswick, Canada
I used to be completely about the Carbine and the Battle Rifle, but given some time with the Assault Rifle for some of the challenges I've come to the realization that both options work quite well given their situations. Obviously using an automatic weapon for a medium-long range fight would be entirely useless, but up close they can be devastating.

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
I have always have my first weapon as a precision, but in 2 of my loadouts I have used firepower to get a Storm Rifle with my BR and an AR with my Light Rifle. Storm/ Carbine is also good. Overall I enjoy using a mix of all the starting weapons, it's one of the best parts of Halo 4.

Shanon

Proficient
Dec 31, 2012
California
I prefer precision weapons, however, I stray away from the DMR because I feel cheap with it.

If that makes any sense.

I do like to see some variety on maps, though.

Wakko45

Kill-Steal Guru
Dec 30, 2012
I use precision, I do in most games: in games like CoD I almost always snipe. When I'm just goofing around trying to have fun and don't care if I do good or not I sometimes switch it up and use the Suppressor through.

Tedium

I Used to be Somebody
Dec 24, 2012
UK
I prefer precision weapons, however, I stray away from the DMR because I feel cheap with it.

If that makes any sense.

Same. My fifth loadout is equipped with all the things I feel bad using: DMR, Boltshot, Plasma grenades, Grenadier and Explosives. I only use it if I'm pissed off :laugh:

theSpinCycle

Adept
Dec 31, 2012
Same. My fifth loadout is equipped with all the things I feel bad using: DMR, Boltshot, Plasma grenades, Grenadier and Explosives. I only use it if I'm pissed off :laugh:

Hm. I have one of these loadouts as well. Perhaps it's a more common thing than I originally thought..

My vote is less to do with me preferring auto and precision than it is to do with how automatic weapons tend to be implemented more poorly in Halo than precision weapons, which in themselves generally have issues.

Focus Rifle was a big step forward - sadly, the covenant ammo system hurt it a lot. :(

Vincent Torre

Torre up from the floor up!
Dec 23, 2012
Denver, CO
www.MickRaider.com
4/5 of my classes are precision. DMR + Plasma pistol is just unfair IMO but that's how I roll.

My running class is an AR because that shit is ridiculous. I'd consider rolling the two primary weapons perk but PP is just so awesome.