Map Preview Fringe

Bloodbath Tony

Proficient
Feb 19, 2013
Hey there fellow forgers, thanks for taking a look. This time you'll be seeing a map from Ravine based on JJ Abrams' hit show, recently concluded, "Fringe". The theory of parallel universes runs throughout, with blue and red title screens for our universe and its parallel universe respectively.

I have thus created a map with a parallel universe--two rooms, almost exactly alike, just 'slightly different', upon which exist three 'soft spots' to travel back and forth between the arenas. Teleporters send you to the exact same spot in the alternate universe, and so forth. For now, the spawning is only for Slayer and FFA, but a Capture the Flag would be unusually entertaining with this concept.

Here's some Astrids-- i mean asterisks, to delineate the map:

**Medium size, 4 to 8 players, close-quarters Slayer/FFA**

So let's finally take a look. Again, please excuse the low quality images while I do not have a capture card. My apologies. Note: the universes are much larger than they appear.

IMG_1478.JPG

Here we have the 'defending' (ahem, Red) base at left, deliberately quite open at front. Initial spawns for slayer all exist in one universe, while there are many respawns to place you in the other, and plenty of Random Ordnances to entice you to take a look. Taking cover in another universe is equally useful. The three teleporters are in the two rooms shown at front and rear, and center, of course.

IMG_1415.JPG

(Red base above) In those structures at left and right, grav lifts shoot you up from ground to 2nd level.

IMG_1479.JPG

Here we get the angle opposite the first picture. Now, at left, we see the Blue base. This entire room is perfectly replicated, with the two side-rooms seen front and rear flipped in the other universe. There are Ordnances appropriately laid out, but these pictures were taken from a local war game.

Below is the room from the far side of the above picture.

IMG_1419.JPG

So here you see, we are in the Red universe. Communication will help players associate where their teammates and enemies are. Otherwise, it'll be easy for your opponent--or you--to use the teleportation as swift cover. An Overshield will randomly drop on that Brace, Large. You can walk behind those ramps upholding it.

IMG_1480.JPG

Here's the opposite angle, and now we have a better view of the Blue base, which has two levels. A gravity lift fires you up to the second, where those windows have a restricted side-view. It doesn't take much to escape their sightline, and that forces Blues to fight on ground level. The teleporters can once again be used for finding an advantage.

Let's take a look at the room at left.

IMG_1421.JPG

It may seem small, but you can walk underneath this base without ducking, between those steep ramps on either side. When you walk through the teleporter, the first thing you'll see is the exact same wall, but dressed in a blue glow. Lightrifle random drop, grenades initial drop that respawn.

Last look at the Blue base:

IMG_1481.JPG

And there it is! If only taking pictures off an LED tv made it look less aesthetically cringe-worthy. It looks much nicer than this mid-gameplay, and in its future fileshare. Its ceiling is constructed of base shields which glow down upon you on the second floor. Here's a shot of the second level:

IMG_1423.JPG

Two large base shields provide a strange shine on the interior. This is likely to be a staple of mine, using base shields as lighting equipment. It looks nice. Also you see here, the Initial Drop of a Binary Rifle. The Red base receives one too, do not despair.

#

And there you have it! That's my Fringe map, strong in concept, and hard work throughout. Keep in mind that this room may be small, but the entire room is replicated and complete back to back, thus making the map (technically) twice its own size.

Thank you everyone for taking a look! I hope you enjoyed the concept, and the design, but I welcome your criticism. Hopefully, I won't run the gamut of an Oscar host.

Bloodbath Tony

Proficient
Feb 19, 2013
To reiterate, sort of, those two rooms at left and right of the whole have Blue and Red lights indicating which universe you are in. An homage to the show, of course.