Forge maps reimagined

fame28

Novice
Feb 7, 2014
Has anyone else ever wondered what there forged map would actually look like as a fully published map by a professional map making program like 3ds Max? I think it would be pretty cool to take a few of the best maps from 2013 and have some artists here on the forum sketch them up (drawn by hand or cpu sketch's) for the few that are chosen. Post up a picture of your map here and describe what kind of enviroment and some details as to how you think it would look if it were a published map by like 343.

PA1NTS

Master
Jan 1, 2013
DRILLSITE

Imagine Drillsite, but in a night time, grim atmosphere. Picture something similar to Halo 3's "Blackout" in theme. There would of course be lights in the buildings and around the map to help you see, but I think you get my point. The Satellite dish would slowly rotate once in a while, and other helicopters would fly by to add to the ambiance. There would also be plants, algae, moss etc; growing upwards from the water.

6hhmz4.jpg

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
Embark would be a sick looking map. Being modeled after San Francisco, it could have a cool urban/subtropic theme.

Working on is Zero, working on it. Though the words I'd use to describe the intended theme would be Urban, Maritime, and Rustic. I'm working on a much better map based on the Embarcadero idea, and if it works well I may try to make it un Unity modeling my own parts in Max or Maya.

Reactions: RogerDodger
Apr 27, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
I'd love to see Arknado by Fated Fire as a little beach town, nothing fancy, it would just be real pretty. Also Atheist by WARH0LIC and Nooooch would be awesome with a jungle theme, big jungle canopy over the top of the map, overgrowth etc. Titan by Hahka and Spincycle would be really cool if it had a boardwalk-esque courtyard feel to it. Tyrene Boulevard with an Old Mombassa feel to it. Also, Orion with a similar theme to construct except have a stream go straight through bottom mid and lead over the edge where the back ramps are to form a waterfall over the cliff. Hope that sounds coherent :p

Reactions: RogerDodger