Competitive FlyOver

Juanez Sanchez

Proficient
May 30, 2013
FlyOver (version 2.1) - BTB/Squad sized, slayer and objective chaos

FlyOverbanner2_zps2a67d570.jpg

Welcome to FlyOver.

Your stay will contain explosions, gunfire, vehicular manslaughter and some lols. This section of the city has been sealed off since the great cheese-steak massacre of 2236, where rebel forces tried to reclaim the recipe for said sandwich filling but failed, horribly. The resulting nuclear fallout...​

Read more about this map...

Reactions: Zandril

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
I've played this a few times. Although it plays fine, have you considered adding ground terrain closer towards the center? Outside of the ring, bases, and bridge, the rest is kinda flat.

Juanez Sanchez

Proficient
May 30, 2013
I will implement those changes charles. Didnt realise that opinion was quite so divided on the subject of random drops. As for the spawning in ctf, i puposely pulled the spawns into the base as a few guys in another lobby said they were spawning too far out of their base. I need to make sure that the enemy influence imposed by the flag carrier is enough to force defenders to spawn away from him. Perhaps spawn away zones or anti-spawn zones are the answer, but i have never set up spawn away zones so might need some sage advice on this.

Juanez Sanchez

Proficient
May 30, 2013
And also the lifts arent meant for the hogs, so i will have to put a barrier around them. Wouldnt it be good if you could set usage to vehicles yes/no like you can with teleporters. If you do hog over in the lifts, it generally results in a clusterfuck of some type, which i generally want to avoid ;)

Juanez Sanchez

Proficient
May 30, 2013
I updated the map with a nice looking set of bollards around the whole lift area- and altered the spawns again to try and eliminate CTF spawning issues. Also closed off the green and yellow buildings so they are less accessible to the hogs.

Juanez Sanchez

Proficient
May 30, 2013
Thanks Zan, how fast was that game of flag? I might have to think about scrapping them mancannons into the bases, that or play to 5 caps on here like a smaller competitive map.

Charles Stoot

Master
Jan 13, 2013
Maine
www.youtube.com
I think you should move the extraction at mid to bellow the bridge sure you can try to pop from above but if you work as a team and get some one up there then it won't be over powering. I would try this and then see if it runs better.