File Shares are Online!

hc-coolstuff.jpg

Finally! It's true! After four months of having to painstakingly surf through Halo 4's in-game file searching menu to download our favorite custom content, we finally have our good 'ole file browsing system back on Waypoint!

That's right. I can hear your left thumbstick rejoicing right now. No more tedious scrolling through the letters and numbers of the dreaded Xbox Live keyboard to find oXxSn1p3Rxx5k1llzxX's newest map, only to realize you mistakenly clicked on the Gametype search bar.

Happy_gif.gif
Because if your left thumbstick had a face, it would look like Simon Cowell.

Granted, things are just a little bit different this time around. While it's not as simple to download files as it was back in the days of Halo 3 or Reach, it's still much more convenient than it has been these past four months. Read on, my dear HaloCustomians, to figure out how to use this new File Browsing system for Halo 4.

I've got some cool custom content I want to share on HaloCustoms. What should I do differently now?

Assuming the map/gametype/etc. is already on your Fileshare, go to HaloWaypoint.com and click on your name in the top right corner; that'll bring you to your player profile. From there, just select the File Share tab and bam! You've got a link to your personal Fileshare. Clicking on a specific file bring ups a window that displays some info for that file. Now it's time to copy that URL and start sharing it with others! Be sure to include these links in all your map and gametype threads to provide your file-browsing friends with the easiest of easy access.

I found some super awesome content I want to download, but I'm worried that I'll forget this member's gamertag later on. What should I do?

Well, hopefully now you'll start being provided with Waypoint links to the member's Fileshare. Whenever you click on said link, you'll see an "Add File" button for each file. This is similar to the "Download" button from Halo 3 and Reach, but it's not quite the same. Instead of downloading the file directly to your hard drive next time you get on Xbox Live, the "Add File" button sends the file to your own personal Fileshare. So, next time you get on Halo, you'll have to go into your own Fileshare, download the new file, and then go back and delete it from your Fileshare. It's a little confusing, sure, but I'd say it's a lot better than what we've been doing!

Now that these options are available for us, we strongly encourage everyone to start posting a download link to their custom content. It'll make things run a lot smoother around here. And you guys know I like it smooth, right? Smooth as... pudding.

So now we have to make space on our fileshares for new maps -_- that's great.... Well either way thanx 343i for at least trying.

they should sell it back to Bungie, they never screwed up like this. This is 343's start and it isn't looking too good.

Bungies has never had the rights to halo. Mircosoft owns it, and can decide what to do with it.

...However, like to think that the bungie team now has the freedom to make what they want (And maybe have always wanted to make, but have been shackled it Halo), with Destiny.

Reactions: SGC
they should sell it back to Bungie, they never screwed up like this. This is 343's start and it isn't looking too good.
Bring Bungie Back ! Bring Bungie Back I just can't believe that bungie have left there halo fan community to rot for destiny ;(

Bungies has never had the rights to halo. Mircosoft owns it, and can decide what to do with it.

...However, like to think that the bungie team now has the freedom to make what they want (And maybe have always wanted to make, but have been shackled it Halo), with Destiny.

I can understand this, and I cannot blame them, only hope that they can get it back in the future (if it is still around).

Wait, what? I don´t understand, what´s the difference now.
Fileshare search never had issues in the past, why do they now?

Reactions: SGC and Buddy