Gaming Fallout 4/Whatever they call it

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
United States, Mississippi
So, I think alot of people are excited for this. I'm in that group that considers Fallout 3 one of the best games this gen, like New Vegas but it didn't touch 3 in my opinion.

So far, in terms of information all we have are two major "rumors": 1. Fallout will be in Boston 2. And these bits of audio/weird text. Its unlikely either of these are true, but they are still interesting to look at. Bethesda has released little information regarding the next Fallout besides the fact that they are going to make another one. They were actually questioned during this years E3(2013) and simply had no comment. I highly doubt that the Boston rumor is true, but I hope the tumbler one is. Along with it came this timer, and I warn you it has a loud beeping sound in the back ground: http://thesurvivor2299.com/
Its believed the beeping in the back ground is Morse code, and in Morse code it says December 11, 2013 also the day the timer hits 0:00:00. I checked and thats three days away from the event we all LOVE the VGX... basicly the VGAs, a shit by any other name still came out of something's ass. Anyway, don't expect it to be announced there if you believe the timer web page. I for one doubt the timer especially after the L4D3 timer proved fruitless.

VaultingFrog

Adept
May 2, 2013
Walmart
I am still hoping for a midwest location like Chicago or even something farther north like the Twin Cities. As for rumors I put little stock in them.

If they release it they release it. If not then oh well. I just really hope they go back to the Fallout 3 stuff instead of the New Vegas style. It just didnt sit right with me.

Reactions: FREEDOM COBRA

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
United States, Mississippi
I am still hoping for a midwest location like Chicago or even something farther north like the Twin Cities. As for rumors I put little stock in them.

If they release it they release it. If not then oh well. I just really hope they go back to the Fallout 3 stuff instead of the New Vegas style. It just didnt sit right with me.

Agree, for one I felt New Vegas was a desert and then Vegas. It didn't feel like a very explorable area, and it was more of a Old West style then the post apocalyptic 50s we love.

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
I'll believe it when I see it, but oh man do I WANT!

I'm not too picky on where they set it, I trust them to make a good world. Pacific Northwest would be cool though, a mix of forrest and city?
What I'm hoping for is just a little less clunkiness. You always know when you're playing a Bethesda game by how some of the controls feel/ how jumping and walking feels. I think that won't end up being an issue though, Skyrim was a big step in the right direction. Gosh I need a Skyrim replacement, make it happen Bethesda!

Reactions: Rodan117

Rodan117

Proficient
Nov 1, 2013
I'd like to see a vault in Alaska. There'd be plenty of Skyrim-esque mountains and forests, a long coastal area, plenty of military bases, and the best part: a lot of irradiated bears and moose... and Russian mutants...

VaultingFrog

Adept
May 2, 2013
Walmart
I'd like to see a vault in Alaska. There'd be plenty of Skyrim-esque mountains and forests, a long coastal area, plenty of military bases, and the best part: a lot of irradiated bears and moose... and Russian mutants...
The Chinese invaded Alaska so they could go off that bit as well. Though that was covered slightly with a DLC in Fallout 3.

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
One of these days Bethesda, one of these days (shake's fist)

Still, there should be a good amount of open world to tide me over. Destiny comes out in the early fall, Frontiers (which is looking to be very elder scrolls-y) is coming in early summer, The Witcher 3 sometime next year, and now No Man's Sky has been announced, which looks pretty sick for exploration. I'll be ok waiting for Fallout 4 I suppose.