Competitive Elysium

Z3MAST3R

Flaming Ninja
Jan 21, 2013
United Kingdom
www.twitch.tv
Elysium (version 1.0) - City based 1v1 map.

Elysium
Elysium is a city based 1v1 (ideally) or 2v2 map on the canvas of Ravine.
It is compatible with Slayer, Oddball and King of the Hill.
The main power weapons are a Sniper Rifle and a Sticky Detonator. There are other weapons such as Battle Rifles, DMRs, Carbines and Light Rifles. There are also Frag Grenades and Pulse Grenades.
Go easy on me as this is my first ever 1v1 map. :eek:

Read more about this map...

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com
For the most part, this is a very decent map. Not bad for your first 1v1 map. I did notice some issues though.

Soft kill: You placed a soft kill on top of the vertical 4x4s and it's too easy to get there. Kill boundaries aren't supposed to be that easily accessible to players. They're meant to keep players from escaping the map.

Man cannons: The mancannons you placed launches players to the most powerful positions of the map. I think this would not be very good for the map's gameplay because players should fight for the power positions and not be able to get there in 2 seconds because of the man cannon. Not too sure about this though because I haven't played on the map.

Death pit: The death pit looks really cool. I just don't think that the Dominion pieces are suppoed to be there. It's called a death pit for a reason. Players shouldn't be able to get past the railings and live. Plus, the base stripes cause a lot of bumps making that walk very unsmooth.

Inconsistency: Your piece usage is quite inconsistent. This makes the map's cleanliness and aesthetics a little off.

Sniper settings: If you're going to give your sniper 0 spare clips, I suggest making its spawn time 90 seconds are somewhere near that. This rewards the players who are aware and keeps the gameplay more interesting. I'm also not completely sure about this because I haven't played the map.

Power weapons: Not sure if two power weapons for this map would be a good idea. I think one is quite enough. In 1v1 maps, having one power weapon is usually enough. Maybe replace the Sticky Det with a Boltshot?

That's all I got from flying in Forge. Hope this helps. If I am to give more feedback, I'll have to play on the map first.

Reactions: IroKnee and CrimmyZ

Z3MAST3R

Flaming Ninja
Jan 21, 2013
United Kingdom
www.twitch.tv
For the most part, this is a very decent map. Not bad for your first 1v1 map. I did notice some issues though.

Soft kill: You placed a soft kill on top of the vertical 4x4s and it's too easy to get there. Kill boundaries aren't supposed to be that easily accessible to players. They're meant to keep players from escaping the map.

Man cannons: The mancannons you placed launches players to the most powerful positions of the map. I think this would not be very good for the map's gameplay because players should fight for the power positions and not be able to get there in 2 seconds because of the man cannon. Not too sure about this though because I haven't played on the map.

Death pit: The death pit looks really cool. I just don't think that the Dominion pieces are suppoed to be there. It's called a death pit for a reason. Players shouldn't be able to get past the railings and live. Plus, the base stripes cause a lot of bumps making that walk very unsmooth.

Inconsistency: Your piece usage is quite inconsistent. This makes the map's cleanliness and aesthetics a little off.

Sniper settings: If you're going to give your sniper 0 spare clips, I suggest making its spawn time 90 seconds are somewhere near that. This rewards the players who are aware and keeps the gameplay more interesting. I'm also not completely sure about this because I haven't played the map.

Power weapons: Not sure if two power weapons for this map would be a good idea. I think one is quite enough. In 1v1 maps, having one power weapon is usually enough. Maybe replace the Sticky Det with a Boltshot?

That's all I got from flying in Forge. Hope this helps. If I am to give more feedback, I'll have to play on the map first.

Thanks for the initial thoughts Zandril hope you get time to test the map soon

Reactions: IroKnee

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com
Just played the map earlier. And I'm pretty sure my initial thoughts were correct. All of them except my comment about the power weapons.

After the game I had, I don't think a sniper belongs in this map. There are just too many long sightlines for a sniper. Or maybe I'm just saying this because I got raped up the butt so badly by the sniper. But I do feel that a Railgun would do this map more good than the sniper.

And, regarding the Sticky Det, I think you should remove it. It's not very useful in this map. I think a good replacement would be a Plasma Pistol.