Map Preview Dusty

What should replace the Sword?

• Total voters

Behemoth

Master
Jan 11, 2013
Scotia, CA
Hey guys! I have another map! :D

Other than doing new weapon spawns (no initial drops ://) and tweaking spawns, I just need to keep testing. So to any of you who are interested in getting in a game on this with me, feel free to either message me here or on xbox live.

More about the map:

Dusty is an urban 2v2 designed to keep you on your toes and promote teamwork in flanking and in communication. There is a Warthog in the central courtyard which is surrounded in a trait zone only allowing the use of the turret. There's a lot of height variation and interesting sight lines which will have you attacking or watching your enemies in unique and different ways each time.

Weapon ideas:

1 Sniper, Spawn: 210
2 Needlers, Spawn 180
1 Energy Sword (Needs replacing after testing), Spawn 220

Screens courtosy of Titmar:

dusty2_zps99d931a0.jpg

dusty3_zpsfcea80bb.jpg

dusty4_zps163f746c.jpg

dusty5_zps94251f53.jpg

dusty1_zps9a93679e.jpg

Thanks for checking out Dusty so far, it will be up on my fileshare soon.
Any and all constructive critisisms welcome!

Reactions: Titmar

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
Just letting you know, I voted Railgun because it looks like all the other weapons can abuse this corner system that's displayed in the picture. You don't want people camping there.

Behemoth

Master
Jan 11, 2013
Scotia, CA
I can assure you that camping is pretty difficult to do, given the setting this map is based on in the gametype, but I can see how some of the purposed weapons could break this.
But I feel like the railgun might fit pretty well.
Thanks for the input!

THFL

Qualified
Jan 10, 2013
Youtube
www.youtube.com
This looks like such a good map. I love the layout and how the map feels and looks. It reminds me of some halo 2 missions with that semi-urban look. A rail gun would be a fine replacement for that sword imo.

Berb

Master
Dec 30, 2012
This looks like an awesome map behe. If I ever get on again, hit me up, I'd love to try it out. Also, I'd say sticky det instead of Railgun.

It's good to see someone else aside from myself likes joy.

Titmar

Le Mar du Teet
Dec 23, 2012
as you know, i really enjoy this map. i played it again with Vincent and 2 other people and we had a lot of fun.

i might suggest making the weapons more noticeable... i knew they were there because i had played before, but the other players took a bit to pick up on it that they were on top of the extraction crates. they kinda sorta blend in and you dont notice them right away.

is there a reason why you changed it from being an ordnance?

Behemoth

Master
Jan 11, 2013
Scotia, CA
as you know, i really enjoy this map. i played it again with Vincent and 2 other people and we had a lot of fun.

i might suggest making the weapons more noticeable... i knew they were there because i had played before, but the other players took a bit to pick up on it that they were on top of the extraction crates. they kinda sorta blend in and you dont notice them right away.

is there a reason why you changed it from being an ordnance?

I'm really glad you guys enjoyed it!
I'm still looking for a way to make the weapons more noticable ; any suggestions?
As for the lack of ordinance, this is for Forgehub's 2v2 Dust up contest, and they require traditional weapon placement.

Dax

o/
Jan 12, 2013
Dude. The spawns. They're not spawning, dude.

Loljk. Have ya made any changes since the last time I checked this out??

Dax

o/
Jan 12, 2013
Well lemme check it out! I'll be on tonight and probably any time tomorrow/Saturday. We're on Mardi Gras break until Wednesday and I don't have the monies to go to New Orleans this year :(

PandaMan

Master
Jan 24, 2013
California
plug.dj
Well lemme check it out! I'll be on tonight and probably any time tomorrow/Saturday. We're on Mardi Gras break until Wednesday and I don't have the monies to go to New Orleans this year :(
Mardi Gras break, dear lord, go LSU (cough tulane is better cough)

Anyways, I'd love to see it with dax some time tomorrow, or later tonight.