Mini Game Don't Fall !!

DeadlockDrago

Expert
Apr 22, 2013
Where Gods Fear To Tread
The only thing i can say I don't like about this version is once you fall down, you cannot get back up. other versions have a sort of checkpoint system and a teleporter on the ground where the infected cannot reach, so if you fell down, you are not done yet, you can still get another chance. Though I don't see my favorite turret jumps, there really isn't anything bad i can say about it just by looking at it.

Reactions: Buddy

Buddy

Master
Feb 8, 2013
Germany
www.youtube.com
The only thing i can say I don't like about this version is once you fall down, you cannot get back up. other versions have a sort of checkpoint system and a teleporter on the ground where the infected cannot reach, so if you fell down, you are not done yet, you can still get another chance. Though I don't see my favorite turret jumps, there really isn't anything bad i can say about it just by looking at it.
Thanks for the feedback, Drago! :)
Well, the thing is, I don't want this game to be an honor ruled based game (Humans could just camp up there and debbie downing the map by doing that, so everyone sees that it has bugs). So I figured that I could force the humans to do the course (The prize is the Incen). I know what you mean and I made this kind of version back in H3, but the problem with it is, that 1. Humans could camp (You have limited spawn times for objects, so teleporters wouldn't work) and 2. It would take too long (Zombies would be bored).

Haha, the turrets... :laugh: Let me tell you something: Turrets are the most inconsistent "jumping abilities" in Halo 4 so far. They beat man cannons and one way shields... Plus with 14 people they would get even more inconsistent (Sometimes you jump off them, sometimes not).
Excuse me, but I don't want to have any inconsistenty in an obstacle course. :oops:

I hope I could answer you questions in a good way!

DeadlockDrago

Expert
Apr 22, 2013
Where Gods Fear To Tread
Thanks for the feedback, Drago! :)
Well, the thing is, I don't want this game to be an honor ruled based game (Humans could just camp up there and debbie downing the map by doing that, so everyone sees that it has bugs). So I figured that I could force the humans to do the course (The prize is the Incen). I know what you mean and I made this kind of version back in H3, but the problem with it is, that 1. Humans could camp (You have limited spawn times for objects, so teleporters wouldn't work) and 2. It would take too long (Zombies would be bored).

Haha, the turrets... :laugh: Let me tell you something: Turrets are the most inconsistent "jumping abilities" in Halo 4 so far. They beat man cannons and one way shields... Plus with 14 people they would get even more inconsistent (Sometimes you jump off them, sometimes not).
Excuse me, but I don't want to have any inconsistenty in an obstacle course. :oops:

I hope I could answer you questions in a good way!
Seemed consistent whenever I did them. Also the whole teleporter thing isn't a spawn in later thing, they are blocked on the other side, so you have to go to it to unblock it. And as for the camping thing, isn't that what you have the soft kill zones for, or better yet, couldn't they just camp on the various jumps instead?

Buddy

Master
Feb 8, 2013
Germany
www.youtube.com
Seemed consistent whenever I did them. Also the whole teleporter thing isn't a spawn in later thing, they are blocked on the other side, so you have to go to it to unblock it. And as for the camping thing, isn't that what you have the soft kill zones for, or better yet, couldn't they just camp on the various jumps instead?
No, because the entire "jumping area" is covered up by teleporters, and the entire "Incen house" is covered by a soft kill boundary. You see.
And trust me on this, people would have problems with turrets and would rage about them...

0IAH

Expert
Jan 12, 2013
STL
One of my first minigames was a remake like the game you described years ago; I called it "Flood Parkour" -very similar to this. I remember playing this in Halo: Reach -- super fun. Unfortunately, I was not (still not really today) the best at forging about a year ago, so there were many broken parts of the game. Anyways..here's my janky version >

I like yours because the set up is nice & looks a lot better than mine. :D Great job, @Buddy!

Reactions: Buddy

Buddy

Master
Feb 8, 2013
Germany
www.youtube.com
Buddy updated Don't Fall !! with a new update entry:

Major update!!

- The zombies can kill the humans with two strikes now
- The humans can't pick up weapons
- The final "weapon" is a Ghost now to splatter zombies
- A few jumps are tweaked
- Progressive teleporting system

In the previous version the zombies couldn't kill the humans... It was completely broken. ;)

Thanks to all the people that gave me feedback on this and helped me evolving it!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Reactions: Player