Halo Do you want the old Halo 3 csr back?

Do you want Halo 5 to have Halo 3's original ranking system?

• Yes

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters

NinetysBorn

Master
Jan 29, 2013
California USA
First of all, for people who don't know, csr stands for competitive skill rank. Second of all, in Halo 3 there was this God-like ranking system that greatly contributed to Halo 3's large success. It was competitive. It took skill. It was a ranking system to remember. I can go on and on about the ranking system and pull out all the pie charts! We'll save that for another time, though. Right now, I just want to know a simple answer from you. Do you want the awesome original Halo 3 ranking system or the wanna be call of duty Halo 4 ranking system? You decide and let 343 know!
Halo 5 is made for the community, for the gamers, not the developers. Power to the Halo community!

VaultingFrog

Adept
May 2, 2013
Walmart
Screw Halo 3. I would rather not buy another Halo game with that "Halo 3" experience than have it back. It is a step backwards instead of forwards.

These days too many bloody people are concerned about a digital number that does absolutely nothing for you in the real world. Too many people cry that Halo 4 "took away competitive gameplay" which is utter horseshit. Competitive gameplay starts and ends with the players themselves, not some stupid fucking number.

If you want to be competitive then decide to play that way, you dont need a number to say that you are competitive. Each player generally learns where they sit in terms of skill just by playing the game. Why do you depend on a number to tell you what you already know from experience? To me that is a waste of time, money and programing space.

I cant count how many people bitched about the Halo 4 "ranking system" because it wasnt like Halo 3. I dont want Halo 3. If you want to play Halo 3 then put in that damn disc and shut the hell up. That game is still there.

Yes Halo 4's matchmaking had and still does have some serious issues but those issues have nothing to do with it being competitive. They need to change up map rotatoins, tweek the JIP system, figure out a way to elimitate the black screens, rotate the playlists a bit more for better variaty and add in a reshuffel for people to vote for in case the maps/gametypes are not ones that anybody in that particular group is wanting to play on at that time.

After all that damn ranting I just did it boils down to a few simple truths.

1: 343 Industries is not Bungie nor should they ever pretend to be them.

2: Bungie's vision of Halo ended with Halo Reach. End of fucking story. They completed their vision of what Halo could be, now another vision of Halo has arisin and is being shown to us by 343. A direction that Bungie seemed to be working towards since Halo CE was out only far more developed in mechanics.

3: If you want Halo 3 then put in the fucking Halo 3 disc and stop bitching. Halo games shouldnt be carbon copies of that one damn game (which in my personal opinion wasnt all that great).

There are a few more but honestly I have said enough.

Reactions: ShockBolt21

cam2602

Proficient
Apr 16, 2013
it was good that you could lose rank for rage quitting and team killing, but I also liked the names in reach.
I think some sort of mix would be cool

wrecklaw

Novice
May 28, 2013
Screw Halo 3. I would rather not buy another Halo game with that "Halo 3" experience than have it back. It is a step backwards instead of forwards.

These days too many bloody people are concerned about a digital number that does absolutely nothing for you in the real world. Too many people cry that Halo 4 "took away competitive gameplay" which is utter horseshit. Competitive gameplay starts and ends with the players themselves, not some stupid fucking number.

If you want to be competitive then decide to play that way, you dont need a number to say that you are competitive. Each player generally learns where they sit in terms of skill just by playing the game. Why do you depend on a number to tell you what you already know from experience? To me that is a waste of time, money and programing space.

I cant count how many people bitched about the Halo 4 "ranking system" because it wasnt like Halo 3. I dont want Halo 3. If you want to play Halo 3 then put in that damn disc and shut the hell up. That game is still there.

Yes Halo 4's matchmaking had and still does have some serious issues but those issues have nothing to do with it being competitive. They need to change up map rotatoins, tweek the JIP system, figure out a way to elimitate the black screens, rotate the playlists a bit more for better variaty and add in a reshuffel for people to vote for in case the maps/gametypes are not ones that anybody in that particular group is wanting to play on at that time.

After all that damn ranting I just did it boils down to a few simple truths.

1: 343 Industries is not Bungie nor should they ever pretend to be them.

2: Bungie's vision of Halo ended with Halo Reach. End of fucking story. They completed their vision of what Halo could be, now another vision of Halo has arisin and is being shown to us by 343. A direction that Bungie seemed to be working towards since Halo CE was out only far more developed in mechanics.

3: If you want Halo 3 then put in the fucking Halo 3 disc and stop bitching. Halo games shouldnt be carbon copies of that one damn game (which in my personal opinion wasnt all that great).

There are a few more but honestly I have said enough.
You have got to be kidding me! Halo 2 and 3 epitamized what competitive gameplay should be like. Fun, enjoyable, team oriented, even, entertaining to watch! the list goes on and on. I remember never getting mad in halo 3 because everyone was on an even playing field. Now in halo 4 the only time i die is when i get double melee by a kid who hides in a corner for the whole 15 minute game span. Or dmr to death by someone using stability on 1 sensitivity with camo. The list goes on and on here. What im trying to say is halo was a one of a kind game where u could utilize teamwork, knowledge, and personal skill to win games. It was the only game were u could utilize all those things to the fullest extent! But nowadays u wont see any games games that exciting to watch. Call of Duty is a snore fest and not fun to watch for spectators! Top Pc games are 1v1s with kids sitting in glass boxes. its like watching paint dry.
U obviously dont care about the well being of Halo if you think Halo 4 is a step forward? Need i to say Halo 2 3 had CASUAL seperated from competitive playlists!

Forgebook

Qualified
May 15, 2013
California
www.youtube.com
I did love the classic OG Halo 3 ranking system, but it had many problems, including the terrible accident that happened to many gamers including myself where if you lost too many games consistently you were in a huge rut and had to win many games consistently often more then you lost to get back on the right track. I do dislike the Halo 4 ranking system but do have a soft spot in my heart for Reach's. I would like to see a balance between Halo 3's and Reach's. That way the accidental rut is not so bad.

Great Mist

Master
Jan 18, 2013
Where the Mist takes me
youtube.com
Personally I had no experience with H3s ranking system. This doesn't bother me since Reach was Balanced and you could be a inheritor and I would still kick your ass. Reach's ranks were just longer than H4s that's the only difference. It was just easier to progress through H4. Though I would love to see this type
images
Top Side= Easy ranks Bottom Side= Hard ranks
Where its hard to stay low ranks but harder to get to High Ranks.

aligator ac

Proficient
Jan 10, 2013
United Kingdom
Halo 3 CSR had a very bad problem: there was a lack of rewards for ranking up. I was 8 when playing Halo 3 and I got bored after ranking up as there was no armour. So what would be the point of ranking up when there was no rewards after 10? That's why I mainly dedicated myself to playing Customs on Halo as I got bored of not getting less rewards.

Edit: After 10(which was Lieutenant, you could only get armour from campaign.

Reactions: ShockBolt21