Halo DMR Overpowered and Weapon Mods.?

ArmdNinja547

Qualified
Jan 9, 2013
Hey guys,
Lately I've been taking a break from Halo 4 because to be honest it reminds me a little too much of COD. This has its pro's and con's, and in my opinion the con's out weigh the pro's. Lets start with pro's: At first, gameplay in multiplayer is extremely fun and addictive - everyone is ranking up and learning all the good weapons and tactics on maps and stuff. Then its a couple of weeks into multiplayer, there are those guys who use those noob guns but you don't really mind them cause your still having fun. And then finally reality hits you. It's COD. There are OP weapons that everyone uses, the game gets repetitive, and those people with OP weapons - they kill you with know skill. So now the con's: You feel betrayed in the sense that what happened to the 'Halo takes skill!' factor that used to be every Halo supporters line? Really, Halo doesn't take too much skill to play multiplayer wise in the sense that its purely: Fast fire rate, who sees who first, who has the stronger gun, and who can dodge most the bullets by jumping all over the place. Now, I feel as though the solution to all of this is a weapon modification to several of the main 'noob guns'. I realize that weapon mods. aren't really Halo's thing, the game is out, and its set in stone. However, as Halo becomes more like other games, specifically COD, then 343i should also develop their game in a similar fashion by modifying weapon damage , and maybe even fire rate. I've been playing a lot of Halo 3 lately, and although there are your grenade spammers, the game is still simple and really fun. So I'd like to hear your thoughts, are you open to a weapon mod/patch?

BigStack

Server Caretaker
Staff member
Dec 23, 2012
DMR is very over powered and to easy to use. Thats why MLG is only doing the BR which I am so happy about!

ArmdNinja547

Qualified
Jan 9, 2013
Seriously?!??!??! Thats such good news!!!! People are finally gaining some sense!!! What do you think about a patch that would make the DMR actually equal to the other guns?

Tedium

I Used to be Somebody
Dec 24, 2012
UK
I'd like to see that. I was always a fan of the Covy Carbine, and to see it not get raped by the others would be real nice!

ArmdNinja547

Qualified
Jan 9, 2013
Haha yeah, I meant multiplayer, customs I totally for in Halo 4. But there's the thing, 'as long I'm not on Ragnorok.' There shouldn't be those types of things in a game like Halo. Hopefully they actually come out with a patch soon.

Haha yeah, I meant multiplayer, customs I totally for in Halo 4. But there's the thing, 'as long I'm not on Ragnorok.' There shouldn't be those types of things in a game like Halo. Hopefully they actually come out with a patch soon.
I know, did you here about franky talking about the mistakes he made? he talked a little abou some things he does not like what happened with halo 4. You gotta give it to him, he admitted some mistakes.

ArmdNinja547

Qualified
Jan 9, 2013
That is a sign of hope. Some game companies, like Bungie and now 343i don't always think their game is as best as it could be unlike the makers of COD and such.

captfrozen

Proficient
Jan 9, 2013
Over there
Well even if the DMR is OP, then you should use it so you can win. Same thing with the boltshot. It is the best pistol for close range combat, it's tricky to use, but very efficient especially when combined with the DMR and Promethian Vision. So basically, if you think a weapon is OP, then use it!

Reactions: Ariel Morgan

SGC

Permabanned
I host a modded game night every Saturday at about 6:45 uk time and you are more than welcome to join we have loads of fun interesting game types we just need more players. Message me if your interested :). Mod's that I'm playing are listed below
-big flood
-big flag
-big dominion
-king kong
-flood slayer
-0 gravity mod
-gravity ball
And many more so come and check them out with me any time.
My gamer tag: callumsVNETWoRK
Don't worry these mods will not get you banned and are 100% free and fun you don't need anything special to download them (besides the game a Xbox and your Internet.)

wildfire C

Novice
Jan 10, 2013
Actually I use the carbine a lot and I heard somewhere that the carbine has the fastest kill rate, if you don't miss a lot of shots.
Th carbine has the highest rate of fire but the 5th fastest kill rate without missing a shot (i'm 90% sure of that) it goes DMR & BR (as long as every single bullet hits) then the LR zoomed in then the LR zoomed out (75% sure of that)
but yes the DMR has to big a mag, to high a fire rate, deals way to much damage and is to accurate, all that lower the power or fire rate and it would be fine