Gaming Destiny DLC Black Garden break

Stevo

The Grinchmind
Dec 31, 2012
United Kingdom
Spoiler Alert!

So yesterday I was messing about looking for a ghost in the Black Garden since "many guardians and their ghosts have fallen here".

I looked around the starting area and low and behold I found a ghost... But I also found a hole. A hole that leads back to Mars and to all the areas currently in Mars...

The video in the link below is a stream after I revisited the hole tonight, to which I got myself back into normal boundaries and spawned a sparrow and entered the black guardian free of most enemies, and entered the DLC area...

Check it out for yourself;

http://www.twitch.tv/iimstevo/b/580135384

I do get stuck a few times but all is worth it in the end...

PA1NTS

Master
Jan 1, 2013
This is really shady. The fact that the DLC is already in the game makes me really wonder about today's business practices when it comes to selling DLC. Very very shady.

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
There are a lot of areas you can break out of like this, but heres the catch: none of them are finished. If you could go in and play the content it would be one thing, but these areas have no AI, no working doors or interactive elements, and often times are missing textures or kill zones (example: you can walk around in the death pit on the Seraphim Vault on Earth.) They aren't fully complete DLC areas we are locked out of, they are partially complete DlC areas that will be finished later. As of what is in the game now, what you see is all they have done.

Stevo

The Grinchmind
Dec 31, 2012
United Kingdom
Indeed. It annoys me and makes me wonder if it's even legal... I mean, you buy a game to play it and it's contents, but to buy a game to play parts of it, and then have to pay more to play the other parts you already have? It just makes no sense. You don't buy a movie, watch 90% of it and then be told "You have to wait two months to watch the rest of it, oh and you have to pay us 30-40 % of the movie price again too before we can let you."

I got told that some guys have glitches into kings watch, and picked up a legendary ghost. Upon equipping it, they've had their accounts banned too!

Reactions: Jebus

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
I've been in Kings watch, I've never seen nor heard of this ghost.

Here's the thing with these areas: they didn't have time to complete them before launch in their entirety, which is why most of them are shells with little to no code implemented on them. They could have abstained from working on anything when the main part of the game was done, but that means you have workers getting paid to do nothing. They have to still be working on something in the weeks/months leading up to launch, and not everyone can be productive on finalizing the main game at this point. It only makes sense that, even if they don't have time to finish it all, they start working on new content. They then keep working on it after it goes gold and put it all together to make the DLC. Major day 1 DLC is a cash grab, this is part of a normal development cycle. Not everyone finishes their part of development at the same time, and everyone needs to still be doing something productive. All these areas mean is that the company is being efficient with its time and working to get us new content sooner rather than latter.

Reactions: Psychoduck

Stevo

The Grinchmind
Dec 31, 2012
United Kingdom
Yeah, I understand that... except it's been leaked that this content was there before they had to cut major parts out of the game. Much like how the fallen previously had scripted in game actions you don't see anymore other than in the first mission, or how there's no real story to the game except go here, shoot this...

Not had any sources about the ghost, it may have been just part of the Beta. I was only told about it by a friend as I was hoping I might find something in the Black Garden area.

Stevo

The Grinchmind
Dec 31, 2012
United Kingdom
Can't wait to get it and me, Alex, Simon and Buddha are all playing the Crota Raid while you're just sitting at home wanking into a sock.

MCC will have been out almost a month when that overpriced Raid comes out... therefore... I'll be lining my sock with that crisp £20.00 note I won't have spent.

Reactions: Jebus