Le Mar du Teet
Dec 23, 2012
Update: Beta Version 2

-added some small structural changes
-added a few more respawn points
-removed the mantis from the map entirely
-set up gametype support for King of the Hill
-set up gametype support for 1 Flag CTF

make sure to get the current version from my fileshare!
Gamertag: TEETMARE

Update: Beta Version 1

-removed grav lift entirely, changed the area to be a pathway instead.
-changed some weapon drop timers
-added another mongoose and another hog
-added mantis for each team

The map can now be found on my fileshare.
Let me know what you guys think of the changes if you get a chance to play it before me.

"Death Mountain" is the fantastic new BTB map I am working on.

It is pretty much ready to be tested, just needs other gametypes done on it, and probably some tweaks to the weapon and vehicles setups.

Death Mountain is built at the top of the mountain on Impact.
The default softkill does most of the work for me to keep people off the tops of the mountain,
so there won't be any horrifying Paradiso flashbacks here.

This is a map that I primarily want to function well with 1 Flag CTF and BTB Slayer.

There are multiple ways around the map, a nice driving path, and 2 different ways the cross the mountain.

I've only played one game of 6v6 Slayer on here so far, but the score ended at 100 - 97
so i figure that's a pretty good sign!! :)

Let me know what you guys think judging from the pics, or if you were a part of that game.

Frequent testing of gametypes on this will be happening soon, in my custom lobbies, or in those of my pals.

I hope to have the map released within a week or two, barring any unforeseen issues.

:)

deth4_zps35c05c3e.jpg

9C74K
deth3_zps38b154ef.jpg

M9CHR
deth2_zpsc98b210b.jpg

KWD6H
deth1_zps95834024.jpg

6V466-G9KQZ

Titmar

Le Mar du Teet
Dec 23, 2012
Looks awesome TEETMARE.

That center LoS looks a little sketch though, but should be a lot of fun on 6v6. So you can't climb up on the mountain, or can you?

you can only get a certain distance up it before you hit a soft-kill. i haven't found any overly advantageous spots that you can get on.
you cannot get on the very top of it at any point.

Titmar

Le Mar du Teet
Dec 23, 2012
well after playing a couple more games on this tonight:

one of them was the same close-scoring result, and the other one ended up lagging out...

i have determined that i am going to add more vehicles. possibly a neutral mantis, or maybe even 2 mantises.

i'm also going to add more random drops, it seemed to me like after the initial drop, weapons were very scarce.

anyone have any thoughts on that?

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
United States, Mississippi
well after playing a couple more games on this tonight:

one of them was the same close-scoring result, and the other one ended up lagging out...

i have determined that i am going to add more vehicles. possibly a neutral mantis, or maybe even 2 mantises.

i'm also going to add more random drops, it seemed to me like after the initial drop, weapons were very scarce.

anyone have any thoughts on that?
I think a neutral mantis would be for the best & you can use the sawn time setting on initial ordnance if you wanted those to keep appearing.

Spades N AZ

Master
Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
I vote only one Mantis! This map, besides being very well forged, is actually exciting to play. I especially like it because it has some great aesthetics to it yet it is fully functioning decor. You don't get the same boring 45/90 degree feel and tight hallways that are usually produced. Although open, there are plenty of places to hide but no dominating positions. As far as flow is concerned, I have not seen this map take place in only one spot. It continues to flow because of good spawn placement and the mobility of multiple vehicles. I look forward to playing it for my Friday Night Customs and would rank it in the top 10 list of the 700+ competitive maps that I have reviewed or been able to play. My only negative comment is I don't like the use of gravity zones in a competitive map even if it's done right. Nice job man, keep them coming!

Titmar

Le Mar du Teet
Dec 23, 2012
wow, thanks guys!
that motivates me to update the map to a final version much sooner than i originally planned (im lazy lol)

regarding the gravzones and lift - i was considering removing them entirely and just making that be another path instead. thoughts?

Reactions: Spades N AZ

Titmar

Le Mar du Teet
Dec 23, 2012

Let me know what you guys think of the changes if you get a chance to play it before me.

Spades N AZ

Master
Jan 30, 2013
Arizona

I like the changes from the sounds of it, except multiple Manti. I want to run it for Custom Game Night

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
United States, Mississippi
Ok, last night I player with 12 people(6v6) in WoodChuck's lobby. I know its meant for 14-16, but I really wanted to try it. The Mantis seemed overpowered. The spawn for it being out in the open didn't help. Everyone in the lobby liked it and wanted a rematch.

Titmar

Le Mar du Teet
Dec 23, 2012
Ok, last night I player with 12 people(6v6) in WoodChuck's lobby. I know its meant for 14-16, but I really wanted to try it. The Mantis seemed overpowered. The spawn for it being out in the open didn't help. Everyone in the lobby liked it and wanted a rematch.

Yea, i am going to remove the mantis.
Thanks!!

how did you get the background gradient behind the text?

its a staff thing Insane54 is messing with

Titmar

Le Mar du Teet
Dec 23, 2012
Update: Beta Version 2

-added some small structural changes
-added a few more respawn points
-removed the mantis from the map entirely
-set up gametype support for King of the Hill
-set up gametype support for 1 Flag CTF

make sure to get the current version from my fileshare
Gamertag: TEETMARE

note: for 1 Flag CTF, for now, i have set up a very basic respawn zone system. hopefully it works fine, but if not, it may have to be tweaked.
besides that, i think this is getting close to the final version. i do not plan to add support for Oddball, Dominion, or Extraction at this point.