Halo CSR - What?

WhackyGordon

Proficient
Feb 1, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
This system is confusing, and judging by appearances, really dumb. Can anyone give me any insight into this?
53qYuEa.png

Like why did the only guy with a positive K/D on their team rank down, buddy with -6 ranked up twice? Doesn't spread have any bearing?

WhackyGordon

Proficient
Feb 1, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I believe they're complaints with Halo 4's CSR.

Well, just trying to wrap our heads around it - these numbers are mind-boggling. Most of my games seem reasonably logical, but every so often something weird happens and I can't help but wonder why.

Edit: Here's another fun one. I do know why one odd thing happened - 'Legendary Shen' is my brother, and he was in a party with me. He lagged out of the game at the results screen - it never showed his experience and stuff, it just hung at that post game loading screen and then put him back into MM searching alone. Pretty brutal actually - he was a couple thousand credits/XP/I-don't-care-enough-to-know away from ranking up and getting new armor, and he was looking forward to it, and then my mom made him go to bed lol
As for the rest however... lol
6TrgKN7.png

Edit again: UKsnipperman (lol) is my brother's buddy - he was in the party too. Full disclosure. lol

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
Well, just trying to wrap our heads around it - these numbers are mind-boggling. Most of my games seem reasonably logical, but every so often something weird happens and I can't help but wonder why.

Every so often? The lobby I posted was the first game I looked at!

WhackyGordon

Proficient
Feb 1, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Here's another;
"Excellent Job! You went +16! You rank up +7!"
"You sir, only went +8. No ranks for you! Good day, sir!"
"Excellent Job! You went -3! You rank up +6!"
YHZPLSa.png

"You went -5 with 11 kills? +3!"
"But you went +3 with 15 kills? +1!"
"4 and 23? Yeah, okay, you're going down a peg.."
lol

WhackyGordon

Proficient
Feb 1, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Pysl22Z.png

-2 and leading your team? Down one you go! -12 with no assists? +2!! lmao
And KingRockib6ub9, you name sucks so you derank, despite placing first and going +6... (I think he placed ahead of me thanks to the 'Comeback Kill' medals. Brilliant idea that..)

WhackyGordon

Proficient
Feb 1, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
"Going +18? Meh."
P6LMk5Y.png

"You only went +3?!?!? DERANK!!!!"
vQEuf7X.png

"+17? Meh. Also, fuck you."
z8SSn7p.png

Dear 343; shut the fuck up with the back-patting. You're fucking terrible. The only thing you could possibly do right is drive a franchise into the ground. Actually, you're pretty good at that. Other than that, you're useless. Please die.
Sincerely,
Anybody that's ever played a real Halo game

(oh yeah, and I'm pretty sure you got Halo 3 pulled from the free games because of the shitty pit remake you're stroking yourselves over, so fuck you for that too)

Z3MAST3R

Flaming Ninja
Jan 21, 2013
United Kingdom
www.twitch.tv
Ok here goes. This is how CSR is supposed to work however it doesn't always.

Individual Rank Playlists:
It is all about your kills and points at the end of the game. It has nothing to do with K/D spread and wether you win or not. The more kills and points you get, the more likely you are to rank up. If you get a better score and more kills than someone with a higher csr than you, you are very likely to rank up. However if you get less kills and points than someone with a lower csr, you are more likely to rank down.

Team Rank Playlists:
These playlists are all about wether you win or not. Yet again nothing to do with K/D spread. It is also slightly influenced by how much you contributed to the team. i.e getting more flag captures or more points in the hill or with the oddball. If you win in this type of playlist, you are likely to rank up in csr. If you win against someone with a higher csr than you, you are very likely to rank up. However if you lose to someone with a lower csr, you are more likely to rank down.

Hope this helps, just remember it doesn't always work like this. You will have to ask the Halo gods why.

If you still don't understand watch this: