Mini Game Crazy Taxi

Bloodbath Tony

Proficient
Feb 19, 2013
Crazy Taxi (version 1.0) - Crazy Taxi in Halo 4 Forge Island! West Coast area.

Sure, Crazy Taxi was released in that Dreamcast collection, but that was an awful release that stripped the game of its music. Who didn't want to crank up "All I Want" by the Offspring?? So I thought it'd be fun to recreate a West Coast area for us to drive around like a madman, delivering customers--very slow humans--to Invulnerable spots that'll protect 'em from the Flood.

How do you like them apples?

But I didn't stop there. I went ahead and made Slayer and Capture the Flag versions of...

Read more about this map...

Bloodbath Tony

Proficient
Feb 19, 2013
Yeah, some creativity was necessary to make Crazy Taxi make sense in Halo 4. Here are the rules in a nutshell, for anyone else it remains confusing to, or who may have never played Crazy Taxi:

Rules Recap:

The gametype is Flood. There are Trait Zones on this map that make Humans invulnerable, but Humans can only move at half speed. One human, who begins next to a warthog, picks up Humans and delivers them to the Trait Zones that make them invulnerable so they can survive the outbreak. These trait zones are only large enough for ONE Human each, so you must take customers to alternate Trait Zones.

So:

Goal of Humans: Survive.

Goal of Cabbie: Deliver as many humans as possible to the Trait Zone spots (marked by Grenade Ordnances) that offer Invulnerability.

Goal of Flood: Kill as many humans as possible before time runs out, as the Cabbie saves Humans.

Did that help? If there are still any further questions, I am delighted to answer. Thanks for your time. Also, be sure to check out Capture the Flag and Slayer on the map! The ordinary pre-set gametypes work just fine. I'm a big fan of BTB CTF.

Bloodbath Tony

Proficient
Feb 19, 2013
Hey Z3MAST3R, thanks for taking a look at my latest map. I re-summed up the rules above. I really had to brainstorm on how to make the simple idea of picking up customers and delivering them to places make Any kind of sense in Halo 4. I hope I've done okay, but I guess it's more complicated than I thought. If you can't enjoy, do try out CTF or Slayer on the same map. Again, Thanks!

Charles Stoot

Master
Jan 13, 2013
Maine
www.youtube.com
Yeah, some creativity was necessary to make Crazy Taxi make sense in Halo 4. Here are the rules in a nutshell, for anyone else it remains confusing to, or who may have never played Crazy Taxi:

Rules Recap:

The gametype is Flood. There are Trait Zones on this map that make Humans invulnerable, but Humans can only move at half speed. One human, who begins next to a warthog, picks up Humans and delivers them to the Trait Zones that make them invulnerable so they can survive the outbreak. These trait zones are only large enough for ONE Human each, so you must take customers to alternate Trait Zones.

So:

Goal of Humans: Survive.

Goal of Cabbie: Deliver as many humans as possible to the Trait Zone spots (marked by Grenade Ordnances) that offer Invulnerability.

Goal of Flood: Kill as many humans as possible before time runs out, as the Cabbie saves Humans.

Did that help? If there are still any further questions, I am delighted to answer. Thanks for your time. Also, be sure to check out Capture the Flag and Slayer on the map! The ordinary pre-set gametypes work just fine. I'm a big fan of BTB CTF.
Okay neat Idea 1 thing how fast are the zombies.

Bloodbath Tony

Proficient
Feb 19, 2013
Ohh I get it now, you might want to update the original post.:)
One thing, how do you know where the trait zones are? Do you have to find them?

Terrific! Yes, you're quite right, I will add my explanation to the original post. As for your further inquiry, there's a section in my original post which states ATTENTION: IMPORTANT to remind those delightful forgers that consider my map, that Grenade Ordnances mark where the trait ordnances are. That was tricky, since Trait Zones remain invisible!

Z3MAST3R

Flaming Ninja
Jan 21, 2013
United Kingdom
www.twitch.tv
Hey Z3MAST3R, thanks for taking a look at my latest map. I re-summed up the rules above. I really had to brainstorm on how to make the simple idea of picking up customers and delivering them to places make Any kind of sense in Halo 4. I hope I've done okay, but I guess it's more complicated than I thought. If you can't enjoy, do try out CTF or Slayer on the same map. Again, Thanks!
The concept works well and the map is great, it just seems quite hard and a lot of cooperation is needed. (not being a bad thing).

Reactions: Bloodbath Tony

Bloodbath Tony

Proficient
Feb 19, 2013
The concept works well and the map is great, it just seems quite hard and a lot of cooperation is needed. (not being a bad thing).

Thank you very much, I'm glad it's worked out well. That Rules-Recap is now updated into the original post! Also--I just subscribed to your YouTube channel =)

Reactions: Z3MAST3R

Bloodbath Tony

Proficient
Feb 19, 2013
Okay neat Idea 1 thing how fast are the zombies.

The zombies move at default 150%, and how many there are, are up to you; but I would suggest only 2. Still, while humans only have pistols to keep them a tad helpless unless they work together, maybe callout their area, they do have unlimited ammo. I wanted the Cabbie to be a necessity, not just an addition to the game.

Bloodbath Tony

Proficient
Feb 19, 2013
Omg, I LOVED Crazy Taxi!

Can't wait to see how it plays.

Fantastic! Always pleased to find another Crazy Taxi fan. I made this for you, and everyone like us! There's plenty of available jumps to keep the momentum up, and the sense of urgency in Flood I felt fit snugly with Crazy Taxi.

Bloodbath Tony

Proficient
Feb 19, 2013
I love the concept of this game, you should try posting this on forgehub if you want to get more views.

Thanks, Darkfire! Although I'm sad to say I somewhat have to agree with Tomtris, I appreciate your advice. Hopefully someone will try my game out soon, ahah, but I guess the large party requirement scares most off. Still, I'm pleased with the huge effort I put into thinking it out.

Bloodbath Tony

Proficient
Feb 19, 2013
very original map! but are the humans not able to simply jump onto the warthog so that the taxi transports 4 people at once?

Hey Fuzzle! I disabled the Gunner seat. No humans can enter the gunner seat, so that way, you must carry only one passenger at a time. I'm glad you like my map concept. A very important angle that I think I forgot to mention! Thanks.

Reactions: Fuzzle