Flood Contagion

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
You've done a great job of creating a unique architectural style with all of those inclines. That combined with the orange color scheme gives the map a very cool look. Your blend of indoor and outdoor areas should make for an interesting Last Stand experience. I'll have to play this sometime.

Reactions: Bibz and wizton

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
I've just looked at this in forge and I really got the vibe that I was walking around a Cerberus station from Mass Effect, very cool!

I look forward to playing this, but I do have two concerns right now. The first is that survivors have few opportunities to shoot flood outside of the human accessible area of the map. Normally there are more windows or low cover which survivors can shoot out of/over. This makes the movement of flood a bit more predictable for the survivors and encourages them to work together to set up and cover zombie approaches. It appears that survivors will have little opportunity to do this on this map, but I suppose that could give flood an edge which may be necessary. I'm just curious as to how it'll work. My other concern is that the main flood spawn is open to the large prefab Impact building. It looks pretty silly walking in there and seeing forge items sticking out of the walls and such. I would consider blocking that area off.

Anyways, that's just my two cents. Take it with a grain of salt as I've not actually played the map just yet.

Bibz

Adept
May 24, 2014
OOH BRITANIA
I've just looked at this in forge and I really got the vibe that I was walking around a Cerberus station from Mass Effect, very cool!

I look forward to playing this, but I do have two concerns right now. The first is that survivors have few opportunities to shoot flood outside of the human accessible area of the map. Normally there are more windows or low cover which survivors can shoot out of/over. This makes the movement of flood a bit more predictable for the survivors and encourages them to work together to set up and cover zombie approaches. It appears that survivors will have little opportunity to do this on this map, but I suppose that could give flood an edge which may be necessary. I'm just curious as to how it'll work. My other concern is that the main flood spawn is open to the large prefab Impact building. It looks pretty silly walking in there and seeing forge items sticking out of the walls and such. I would consider blocking that area off.

Anyways, that's just my two cents. Take it with a grain of salt as I've not actually played the map just yet.

I really appreciate the comments! Chuffed to hear that you feel Mass Effect vibes, even though that wasn't my original aim with this map.

The lack of Human opportunities to shoot at the Flood as they spawned was intentional. I feel as though it is essentially spawn killing if you can shoot the Flood in their spawning areas. I take into account that the random Teleporter spawning system is in favour of the Flood and makes it difficult to 'spawn kill' but I wanted to make a 'safe zone' for the Flood. Making sure that they can walk a few feet with worrying about getting shot. But I appreciate the concern, I didn't have enough space to work with when I realised it was a problem.

Ah yes, I'll be sure to block that from player view in an update. Thanks!

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
I really appreciate the comments! Chuffed to hear that you feel Mass Effect vibes, even though that wasn't my original aim with this map.

The lack of Human opportunities to shoot at the Flood as they spawned was intentional. I feel as though it is essentially spawn killing if you can shoot the Flood in their spawning areas. I take into account that the random Teleporter spawning system is in favour of the Flood and makes it difficult to 'spawn kill' but I wanted to make a 'safe zone' for the Flood. Making sure that they can walk a few feet with worrying about getting shot. But I appreciate the concern, I didn't have enough space to work with when I realised it was a problem.

Ah yes, I'll be sure to block that from player view in an update. Thanks!

Don't get me wrong, I don't think survivors should be shooting flood immediately off spawn either. I don't think that giving survivors some sightlines over some of the floods' approaches would be a bad thing, though. Still, we'll see when I play it. I'll get back to you when I do.

Reactions: Bibz