Gaming CoD Ghosts: Could It Defeat It's Predecessors?

Will CoD Ghosts Defeat It's Predecessors?

• Total voters

EagleTitan99

Qualified
Jul 28, 2013
I was reading Issue 246 of GameInformer, and I saw the main article was the new Call of Duty game. I have never really been a fan of the series, but I decided to see if they were adding new features to the game and what the story would be.

I was a bit surprised when I read of all the new modifications that were being made to multiplayer. New gametypes, customizable characters, different killstreak awards, new AI, and more really got me interested.

I also read about the story, and was again surprised by the new approach they took. Instead of building on top of the current games like before, they have a whole new scenario. You don't hunt terrorists or anything like the other stories; instead it more closely resembles the game Homefront. You fight in an occupied America as a member of the weak U.S. military against an alliance of South American countries known as the Federation.

I'm excited by the changes, and intrigued by the story. I have a feeling this will be a great game, what do you guys think?
Feel free to debate, put down your opinions and ideas of the new game

evergreen948

Master
Jan 9, 2013
Sydney, Straya
For me personally, it doesn't matter how many of these minor changes they make, as it still plays almost exactly the same. Yes, customizable characters and new gametypes are cool, but for how long? People might say "if it ain't broke don't fix it" but many things in the game are broken and if CoD doesn't change in the some of the more core gameplay mechanics, the series will soon die out.

And as for the story... I doubt it will break the curse of the previous titles. Confusing. Unlogical. And in my opinion, awful. As fun as the gameplay may be, I see little reason to continue playing through CoD campaigns.

But idk, maybe they can pull off an amazing game.

Jan 16, 2013
The new mechanics exist solely to improve the flow of movement for the most part and they've done an excellent job with adding functional first person snap-to cover and more free running based animations keeping everything smoother than ever all the while maintaining the simplistic user friendly-ness of past games which is fairly impressive to be honest.

However, I will remain forever sceptical of the balance of Weapons, Killstreak Bonus', Map Design etc in multiplayer and whether or not the campaign will last longer than 5 hours (To be fair Halo 4's only lasted me 4hs, 34mins).

VaultingFrog

Adept
May 2, 2013
Walmart
It looks like the same old garbage CoD game as the previous ones. But then I never liked CoD beyond the old school 2. I don't give a shit about "modern" combat.

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com
Defeating its predecessors eh? I don't think it's gonna have a hard time then, seeing as its latest predecessors are the biggest pieces of shit I've ever laid my hands on.

Seriously though, the new CoD is just the f**kin' same. The same shit over and over again.

With the crap maps and stupid killstreaks.

Not a hater by the way...

Reactions: FREEDOM COBRA

harry_c0

Qualified
Oct 5, 2013
forgecafe.com
I have no like for the game myself. But I get it, it's simple. It's competitive. It's got it right - regardless of our opinions it's the most successful game franchise ever, so someone must be doing something right. It's easy for us to sit here and say it's garbage, I'll agree with you I think it is absolute nonsense. The campaign is implausible the last game saw you riding a horse with one hand, and using a rocket launcher with the other and the multiplayer consists solely of SMG's and 1 shot snipers that create such a huge imbalance - but yeah it probably will defeat it's predecessors, multiplayer will be more refined and the story will probably be more interesting - so don't just vote no "becoz CoDOG suxs", I have no doubt relative to the others it will be better. Although I think though Battlefield is catching up - especially as the divide between PC and console gets smaller the console game will be able to reach it's counterparts standards.

On a side note have you guys noticed how the Halo community (as a generalization) hate CoD for never changing, yet doesn't like 343i for making changes?

Reactions: Zandril

SpartanPeter

Novice
Jan 18, 2013
I'm taking a stand, I will no longer buy CoD. All I do when I buy a Call of Duty is support a game that changes little each iteration and rushes the dev cycle(I hope its rushed when this shits happening). That being said, I think if any of us are thinking of getting CoD, get Battlefield.

I won't get a CoD anymore either. Done with it

SpartanPeter

Novice
Jan 18, 2013
Cod ghosts
Yes it will pass its predecessors with multiplayer with new features
No it won't pass sits predecessors with story because Cod story sucks

As Zan and SpartanPeter posted the copied endings it really leads me to believe the campaign will suck so much no one will every play it.

I watched a bit of the ending. And although it is not the same cutscene, it reminds me too much of MW2. Even the main "Bad guy" of Ghosts looks like Shepard from MW2.
And I watched a mission today, in which a very similar moment came by.

It looks like they took that from MW2 too, the idea. (Not the same cutscene use) I couldn't unsee it. Tree's falling down, and you can just barely dodge those Helo shots.. In MW2 the same exact thing happened with a BTR shooting down the tree's. Maybe it is a coincidence, but it probally isn't..

It's far fetched, but I just remembered it. People will probally only finish the campaign if they want to play Extinction mode, probally the best thing about the game.

I watched a bit of the ending. And although it is not the same cutscene, it reminds me too much of MW2. Even the main "Bad guy" of Ghosts looks like Shepard from MW2.
And I watched a mission today, in which a very similar moment came by.

It looks like they took that from MW2 too, the idea. (Not the same cutscene use) I couldn't unsee it. Tree's falling down, and you can just barely dodge those Helo shots.. In MW2 the same exact thing happened with a BTR shooting down the tree's. Maybe it is a coincidence, but it probally isn't..

It's far fetched, but I just remembered it. People will probally only finish the campaign if they want to play Extinction mode, probally the best thing about the game.
Yeah true. Can't wait to for my Xbox One. Thats when i get all the new games except for Battlefield cause my account won't let me play it yet.

harry_c0

Qualified
Oct 5, 2013
forgecafe.com
I have since spoken to many ProMod players and serious competitive players regarding the game from both PC and console. It has by all accounts failed in beating it's predecessors - mainly because of the maps; they lack dynamic flow and are far too big for the style of gaming. Many of the new features cause a severe drop in FPS for example with the sniper scopes, even on a well built PC. The campaign was very short (from what I hear) but was very enthralling - and guys come on, do you really think that having the intro, the same as the outro was not deliberate? You really think they couldn't make one minute of cutseen? It clearly represents a cycle, new trilogy etc etc.

I can almost hear the muttering (lolz it representz the gamez being all the sme rofl).

Basically the campaign was good, the multiplayer is not competitive. I qoute "worst COD yet" that's from someone who loves the game representing the competitive seen about 1% of the population. It's probably great fun if you want to have a laugh on it though... If you're that way inclined...

Reactions: GrmnEscaltrPrty
I have since spoken to many ProMod players and serious competitive players regarding the game from both PC and cosnole. It has by all accounts failed in beating it's predecessors - mainly because of the maps; they lack dynamic flow and are far too big for the style of gaming. Many of the new features cause a severe drop in FPS for example with the sniper scopes, even on a well built PC. The campaign was very short (from what I hear) but was very enthralling - and guys come on, do you really think that having the intro, the same as the outro was not deliberate? You really think they couldn't make one minute of cutseen? It clearly represents a cycle, new trilogy etc etc.

I can almost hear the muttering (lolz it representz the gamez being all the sme rofl).

Basically the campaign was good, the multiplayer is not competitive. I qoute "worst COD yet" that's from someone who loves the game representing the competitive seen about 1% of the population. It's probably great fun if you want to have a laugh on it though... If you're that way inclined...
In any FPS game im always 50/50 if not trying to be competitive and having fun at the same time. Sometimes thats hard in CoD but nevertheless you can always have a good laugh with friends. ("You shot me with a sniper through 2 walls seperated by a good 30ft distance!") Trying to be both isnt hard with friends, its only hard when you're by yourself online