Classic Prey Tips and Tricks

Yeti

Superfast Jellyfish
Mar 10, 2014
Georgia, USA
{Classic Prey Tips and Tricks}

Hey, Yeti here! Have you had your Prey experience pooped on by someone of better skill then you. Yes! Then read this thread to up your game! To start your journey to become a Preyfessional you need to choose a position first. Predator or Prey. If you chose Prey, start below. If you chose Predator, scroll down until you see "Predator."

Prey
Unknown.jpeg

Being a Prey is a stressful position, especially if you have a skilled Predator hunting you. Two main points will be touched on in this section. Loosing your Predator and avoiding your Predator.

Loosing Your Predator

Tip #1:
Thruster pack while in midair
ugcuserfile-f4c499af-3646-43b7-8e24-e655079dde1b-3623918e5b4521f0-full.jpeg

On most Prey maps, there will be a mancannon. They're a main way of traversing the map. If you break the objective of the mancannon(by Thruster Packing), your Predator will be confused because he/she expected you to end up at
a set point. If you end up Thruster Packing on a main pathway(as seen above), you will have even more options of escape. Confusing your Predator even more. Note: This also works with gravity lifts.

Tip #2:

Running back to where your pursuit started

Example.jpg

I personally use this a lot. So lets say your pursuit starts before a doorway and you run in the building. You don't continue to run. You hide behind a barricade, crate, support, something along those lines. You don't even have to do this in a building. This works in between structures, rocks, or blocks. If you know your Predator won't always have a full visual of you, you can simple run backwards/around. Now, please note, this can only be used if your Predator is A: Jumping off of a building, B: Not up your butt.

Tip #3:

Lead you Predator to Your Predator's Predator
Unknown.jpeg

Sometimes, it's just better to let someone else do the work.

Tip #4:

Get on My Level!
ugcuserfile-590d6679-0556-4042-85f6-df6e577b720c-2963d15ae0714c92-full.jpeg

When running away, try to stay on the same level as your pursuer. So don't do any jump ups, lifts, etc. The reason for this is because when you jump you slow down.
________________________________________________________________________________

Avoiding Your Predator

Tip #1:

Hide!
ugcuserfile-71e9e64b-1f8a-443e-b39f-6b215933dde1-af7da30842b7d6da-full.jpeg

Hiding is the best option to avoiding your presence to your Predator. Hiding needs no explanation!
Tip #2:

Stick to one general area
images.jpeg

In Prey, everyone has a tendency to run around everywhere in search of their Prey. If you stick to a general area you have a better chance of survival. Your Predator will just end up running around the map with no idea where you are. Your Predator expects you to do the exact same thing he/she is doing. By breaking the expected result, you make them confused. Note: This tactic can also be used by Predators.

Tip #3:

Stick Together
ugcuserfile-fda129b7-fc08-4bfc-8369-948df0d59b67-64b05c1756b71042-full.jpeg

In this screenshot, Pandaz 4 Life and I stuck together in a general area. We each watched each others backs, told each other who was close by, and in the end, I got my Prey. This tip can be used both ways. For a Predator or Prey!

Tip #3:

Change your armor to look like someone else

images-1.jpeg

This is used a lot, I mean, A LOT! Most of the time, Predators go by visual reference. Please note: because players do go by visual reference making yourself look like someone else may get you falsely killed. Thanks Obama!

Tip #4:

Tail Your Predator
Unknown.jpeg

In this Tip, the Predator becomes the Prey. Now, I'm not saying you should kill your Predator, just follow them around. Most players turn around after about 5 seconds of tailing, but with the combined power of Tip #2 of the Loosing You Predator section, you can lose him/her easily.

Predator
Unknown.jpeg

Being a Predator is where it's at man, you get to kill people, whats not to love! But seriously, being a Predator actually uses most of the Prey's techniques. Staying to a general area, return to the starting point of your pursuit are all backwards compatible.

Tip #1:

Don't always attack
Unknown-1.jpeg

Since players generally runaround with no clue, it's just better to chill out and wait for your Prey to come to you. If you wait in a general area(see where I'm going), your Prey will just end up to you. Then Strike!

Tip #2:

Stay on High Ground
Unknown-2.jpeg

Staying on the tall points of the map does come with advantages and disadvantages. For one, the tall areas are very popular and you are very visible. But you do have the best vantage point. Also Note: In the beginning, armor abilities do spawn at the high points so be careful because most people go for them.

Tip #3:

Get weapons!
images.jpeg

Weapons are usually hidden on the map so go looking for some. The best areas to find weapons are dumpsters, corners, and areas that you wouldn't expect to have a weapon there. The main use of these weapons is to kill the target(rail gun, needler, bolt shot, and plasma grenade) or injure the target(magnum, suppressor, assault rifle, bolt shot). If you injure your Prey, be sure to attack right after.

In General...

1. Have an armor ability! They are hologram, promethean vision, active camo, and thruster. Choose which is right for you!

2. Having active camo on while in combat is good because it decreases the enemies auto-aim

3. If you have a Thruster Pack and you think someone is behind you, don't turn around. simple activate Thruster Pack and pan behind you.

:coffee:

Last edited:

Player

Master
Feb 10, 2013
Maine
This is a really good list of tips and tricks for Classic Prey! I especially like tip #2 of "Avoiding your predator". Good job Yeti! :y: I might just add this to the map post! :D

Reactions: Yeti

Buddy

Master
Feb 8, 2013
Germany
www.youtube.com
Neat thread.

Stick Together

In this screenshot, Pandaz 4 Life and I stuck together in a general area. We each watched each others backs, told each other who was close by, and in the end, I got my Prey. This tip can be used both ways. For a Predator or Prey!

But *that* is not cool...
chansub-global-emoticon-ce52b18fccf73b29-25x32.png