CLASSIC MODES (CE, H2, H3) WITH MAPS

MrMartini85

Novice
Dec 28, 2015
Alright guys. I'm basically copying this from my Waypoint thread [LINK]. After posting this I've had scores of people adding me to download the gametype and maps, so it appears to be pretty popular. Some of the forgers listed below even made maps specifically to play with the gametypes, so if you've been looking for a classic mode in Halo 5, well, you got all three now:

I completed a couple projects with the help of some forgers:In my booksmarks you can find a gamemode called "CE" and a handful of CE maps made by some talented forgers (listed below). This one took the most tuning and running many tests and comparisons (and even stopwatch timing against the actual Combat Evolved).
- All abilities turned off
- Radar turned off
- Increased movement speed
- Increased Strafe acceleration
- Shield recharge decreased
- Damage indicator off
- Reduced melee damage
- Reload speed decreased
- Grenade blast radius and damage increased (CE mini nukes)
- 4 frags and 4 plasmas max carry
- Jump height and gravity tuned to be closest match (I had clips of CE on my laptop of Spartan jumping and timed it, then matched it the best I could in Halo 5).The things I couldn't change are fall damage and weapon strength, which is probably a good thing. I think playing this with CE mechanics and Halo 5 weapon balance would be fun.

There's also a mode called "Halo 3".
The mode is similar to CE's (obviously no abilities and increased base movement speed) only with:
-Higher jump
-Lower gravity
-Weaker grenades (3 of each instead of 2 since there are no Spike grenades)
-Faster strafing
- Damage indicator on
-BR/AR starts
-Increased motion tracker range
-Obviously no duel-wielding :(

I also have a Halo 2 mode. Similar to the Halo 3 mode but with:
- Damage indicator off
- Slightly floatier jumping
- Increased strafing acceleration
- Spawn with 2 frags, but can hold 4 frags & 4 plasmas
- BR/SMG starts
- Weaker Melee (doesn't account for acceleration though)
- Tuned grenades to match H2's strength
- Obviously no duel-wielding :(

Now we just need some more maps and soon we can rebuild the entire MCC in Halo 5 for some reason. lol. But seriously, a lot of people have been asking for a classic mode, so here you can find a mode for Combat Evolved, Halo 2, and Halo 3, and maps for each.

Enjoy! All you gotta do is add me on Xbox, find me in friends in Halo 5, look in my bookmarks, and they'll be there. Just add them and have fun!

Full list of maps so far:

"Sandtrap 26" by "WyvernZu"
"BATTLE CREEK CE" by "AUREL1EN"
"Chiron TL 34" by "Evilbrothers4"
"R7_THEBRIG_V1" (Prisoner) by "Ramir3z77"
"Sanctuary (Halo 2)" by Elegy of Dust
"Chill Out (CE)" by Elegy of Dust
There are several more in my bookmarks from Halo CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3. Some classic and some remixed for Halo 5's mechanics (Thrusting and Clambering around Sanctuary is pretty awesome). Just go to town.

Last edited: