Core Circuit Breaker

Pat Sounds

Novice
Jan 29, 2016
Circuit Breaker (version 2016-03-03) - Competitive 4v4 map set on on a snowy mountaintop with a GravHammer and Fuel Rod Cannon

Here's another 2v2 to 4v4 Slayer map. This one is a remix of another one of my maps, Power Strip. It plays quite differently, with power weapons moved to long hallways on either side, and an open courtyard instead of a death pit in the middle of the level.

Combining the gravity hammer with the speed boost located under the bridge can be very devastating. On the other hand, it works as a nice foil as you're running away from a hammer-wielding maniac. Halo 2 BRs and Halo CE Pistols are...

Read more about this map...

Sgt x Slaphead

BK Forger Extraordinaire
Feb 18, 2013
This looks like a really solid arena design that could provide some intense straight-up encounters. It's great how the structure along with the use of light blues in the details and glass along with the rest of the map help integrate it within the icy surroundings of the Glacier canvas. Nice work with this one. I only get the chance to run customs at weekends but if I can I will try to give this map a game.

Pat Sounds

Novice
Jan 29, 2016
Thanks a lot man!

Lemme know if there's anything you think could be made better when you get a chance to play it. I think there's still some room for fine tuning, so I put it up in hopes of getting another opinion on it. I'm relatively new to Forging so I'd appreciate any advice you have, especially with regard to spawning / weapon placement...I'm still learning over here.

Sgt x Slaphead

BK Forger Extraordinaire
Feb 18, 2013
Thanks a lot man!

Lemme know if there's anything you think could be made better when you get a chance to play it. I think there's still some room for fine tuning, so I put it up in hopes of getting another opinion on it. I'm relatively new to Forging so I'd appreciate any advice you have, especially with regard to spawning / weapon placement...I'm still learning over here.
I find the quickest way to learn about map design is to play as many customs as possible with as many different people as possible. Put your maps on whenever you can and I can't stress enough the importance of then being able to acknowledge any kind of feedback. Some feedback will be very positive and that's great but not always useful for improving. Criticism, when taken personally, can be really disheartening but if the feedback is honest and you can build from it then that is the best way to learn. If you ever want to test your map and get feedback then feel free to add me on Xbox Live. My gamer tag is Sgt x Slaphead. Me and most of my friends I play customs with tend to either be forgers or people who aren't afraid to express how they feel about a map.

Pat Sounds

Novice
Jan 29, 2016
Thanks! I'll look you up for a game sometime. I've been trying to absorb as much information as possible about the theory behind building through tutorials I've found online and also through downloading and playing whatever I can get my hands on. I hear you on your point about taking criticism - a play tester ripped me a new one about my spawn points a while back and though it was kinda brutal, I immediately re-worked the spawning on all the levels I had created for the better, and I immediately had a moment on the next play test where I was like "oh crap...this is way more fun".

So yeah, thanks for taking a second to look at the map and drop some knowledge. Feel free to do so any time!