Flood Chateau de Sopravvivenza

El1T3x10 RAP1Dz

Proficient
Apr 13, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Chateau de Sopravvivenza (version 1.2) - A flood map with no defined holdout locations. Pure chaos.

An asymmetrical map built solely for Flood (specifically CDS Flood). The basic premise is to survive for the 5 min round time limit using any means necessary. There is ordnance spread throughout the map to help survivors along. The aesthetics are fairly pleasing and gameplay is very nice too.

The backstory is that some virus was shipped into the compound via big, unmarked crates, and because of that the flood spawn inside of them, scattered throughout the map.

The Flood move faster and jump...

Read more about this map...

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
Calling it a "Manor of Survival"? Kinda seems odd when there isn't a house-like structure anywhere.

By the look of it, this kinda reminds me of Flood in a multiplayer map. You've created places to hold out, by the from variations in elevation and fortifications. However, these positions are more open-faced, encouraging people to move around after a while.

El1T3x10 RAP1Dz

Proficient
Apr 13, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Calling it a "Manor of Survival"? Kinda seems odd when there isn't a house-like structure anywhere.

By the look of it, this kinda reminds me of Flood in a multiplayer map. You've created places to hold out, by the from variations in elevation and fortifications. However, these positions are more open-faced, encouraging people to move around after a while.

Haha, ok. The name may need re-thinking, but otherwise does it look good?

REMkings

BIOC Leader, Flood Guru
Jan 1, 2013
I would restrain from using the Next Gen filter in Halo 4. It was amazing in Halo Reach but somehow 343i managed to screw it over, and now it looks rather blend.
I understand you might have had your reasons for using it, but I'd recommend using the Colorblind effect or the Old Timey effect instead if you really want to use one. People are generally going to complain about the Next Gen and might consider it a flaw of the map, so I recommend preventing that from happening by changing it.

Also, can you give me a bit more details on what settings you've used for the gametype?

El1T3x10 RAP1Dz

Proficient
Apr 13, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
I would restrain from using the Next Gen filter in Halo 4. It was amazing in Halo Reach but somehow 343i managed to screw it over, and now it looks rather blend.
I understand you might have had your reasons for using it, but I'd recommend using the Colorblind effect or the Old Timey effect instead if you really want to use one. People are generally going to complain about the Next Gen and might consider it a flaw of the map, so I recommend preventing that from happening by changing it.

Also, can you give me a bit more details on what settings you've used for the gametype?

For the filter, I did combine it with another to make it not so "bland", but if you did play the map and still think its bland then I'll revise the filters.

The gametype (off the top of my head) makes the flood move faster (150% I think) and increases jump height (175% maybe so they can jump onto each platform. I think they also have only 90% damage resistance and have the damage boost or OS effect to be easier to spot. The humans have an increased radar range and the last man standing is a 2 hit kill. The humans can pick up weapons and random ordnance settings are tweaked so that they come at like 60 seconds into the round. The humans can also use vehicles (2 mongooses on the map. I know the Flood have some radar changes, but do not know what they are. Personal Ordinance is also enabled, so humans are very strong to excuse the one hit kill.

I may revise the gametype to change it to a 2 hit kill and change a couple flood settings, depending on reviews.

I believe it is also compatible with Hivemind (if you can pick up ordinance) so if you wanted to use that, then you could.