Competitive CCG Jinora

CCG Jinora (version v1) - CCG

Jinora is a map that is heavily inspired by Lockout and Guardian, however, it has its own unique twists. The map has a lot of jump-ups for map traversal. But the most notable aspect of Jinora that separates it from Lockout or Guardian is the dynamics of the three towers.

View attachment 11575

On lockout, there are three towers all holding power over top-mid on their own. Jinora, like Lockout, has three towers which can each be considered power positions in their own right, however,...

Read more about this map...

S0UL FLAME

Proficient
Apr 17, 2014
I will be taking a romp through all of your maps. So far, from the screenshots, it seems very basic.

Will give you more info on my opinion on this and the others on your page.

I will be taking a romp through all of your maps. So far, from the screenshots, it seems very basic.

Will give you more info on my opinion on this and the others on your page.

Haha, I assure you it is has a lot more depth than it looks to. Once you jump in you may see what I mean. Although I do think I could've done a better job on green's base design. it's decent but not the best. but the function of each of the towers is what's important. and there are a lot of jumps and things like that that can be really difficult to display with screenshots

Last edited:

S0UL FLAME

Proficient
Apr 17, 2014
Alright, here are my thoughts.

From a walk-through standpoint, about half of the Original maps in the pool are very generic. Boxy, 90 degree angles are okay, but an abundant amount of them can make the map seem, in a word, boring. The play-spaces in the first half are visually noisy and the flow confusing, with jumps and alternate paths making the maps only a tad unique.

The other half, however, seem to fair much better. A few maps have very interesting layouts to show, with decent angles and areas I could guess as hotspots. These maps correlate well with the extra maps that other forgers have made. I would suspect they will be very fun to play in.

I would suggest taking a look at some of the maps that were built for CCG and clean them up; less sharp angle, less boxy rooms, and more interesting geometry. You have a couple of days to do it, so please do with this feedback what you will.

Thanks for reading.

CCGOfficial updated CCG Jinora with a new update entry:

A Few Fixes to Gameplay and Aesthetic Bugs

Hello guys and girls! I've updated Jinora fixing a few issues, some altering gameplay and some causing aesthetic bugs.

Let's start with the important gameplay fixes.

The most notable problem that has been fixed is the sightline obstructions caused by the base shields on Purple Skyscraper, which have been removed on the sides that were causing issues.

View attachment 11582

Next, I've fixed the Blue Rock jump, making it slightly easier to accomplish from Top-Mid....

Read the rest of this update entry...

Alright, here are my thoughts.

From a walk-through standpoint, about half of the Original maps in the pool are very generic. Boxy, 90 degree angles are okay, but an abundant amount of them can make the map seem, in a word, boring. The play-spaces in the first half are visually noisy and the flow confusing, with jumps and alternate paths making the maps only a tad unique.

The other half, however, seem to fair much better. A few maps have very interesting layouts to show, with decent angles and areas I could guess as hotspots. These maps correlate well with the extra maps that other forgers have made. I would suspect they will be very fun to play in.

I would suggest taking a look at some of the maps that were built for CCG and clean them up; less sharp angle, less boxy rooms, and more interesting geometry. You have a couple of days to do it, so please do with this feedback what you will.

Thanks for reading.

Thanks for the feedback! I really appreciate it. Could you tell me which maps in particular you think need to be reworked? Based on your description, I'd assume that Townsville and Acidic are the ones that need the most work. Those are two of my oldest maps so it makes sense that they wouldn't be my best but I may be able to find some ways to improve them.

S0UL FLAME

Proficient
Apr 17, 2014
Thanks for the feedback! I really appreciate it. Could you tell me which maps in particular you think need to be reworked? Based on your description, I'd assume that Townsville and Acidic are the ones that need the most work. Those are two of my oldest maps so it makes sense that they wouldn't be my best but I may be able to find some ways to improve them.

Townsville's aesthetics were good, but the excessive visuals of the playspace have the possibility of frame-rate issues. Smooth out the areas, and try to use less pieces. As for Acidic, some of the cover in the rooms look haphazard; try to make it look more structurally sound and/or interesting.

Fruit Loops is a very interesting design, with a cool looking backdrop on the island. Each area looks pretty cool to fight in, except the rock area. The rock area is too separated from the rest of the map, and has a large height advantage with only two ways in; three if you count the Jetpack. Bring it closer and lower the height a little to even out itself against the rest of the map.

Cyclone is a mixed bag. On one hand, you have one of the most interesting symmetric maps I've seen in a while. On the other, the pathways and lazy cover is off putting. Open up some areas to promote easier flow, and try using pieces easier on the eyes and the budget.

Hope you take this info and make your maps even better. See you on the play date, hopefully.

Reactions: CCGOfficial
CCGOfficial updated CCG Jinora with a new update entry:

Jinora V2.0

Hello guys and girls! Yes, I am crazy for putting out two updates of the same map within hours of each other. But truthfully, green tower was disgraceful. It was an abomination. It was no bueno. So here I am with version 2.0 just days after the map's birth into the world.

So as I said before green base was a bundle of turd so that was the main focus of the 2.0 update. As you can see, it looks a lot better for both aesthetics and gameplay.

View attachment 11592...

Read the rest of this update entry...