Mini Game Cat n' Mice

TyranicSlayer

Qualified
May 24, 2013
Cat n' Mice (version 1.0) - Drive, dodge, and drift your way to victory.

Cat n' Mice is a 2 to 16 player minigame that is extremely fun but somewhat competitive. The wraith must splatter or knock off the mongooses while they try to trick the wraith into the tripmines on the walls. Please do not hijack the wraith or camp.
The map consists of:
  • Kill ball launcher
  • Front flip ramp
  • Half pipe ramp perfected for stunts
  • Wheelie stunt
  • Removed gun from the wraith
  • Smooth and fair gameplay
  • Teleporters
  • Amazingly designed course for a race-like game...

Read more about this map...

Reactions: BloodySaboteur

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
This map looks sweet! Nice Jumps for the Mongooses and all. Definitely makes for some cool moments as mice

Jun 1, 2013
This is awesome! I love the half pipe ramp. It is so epic when you do a backflip right above the cat. Nice use of cones too because it makes the game a lot more fair for the mice.

Apr 27, 2013
UK
You say there is an honor rule for not hijacking the wraith, i haven't played this yet so i cant say for sure but i think you can stop them from doing that by setting base player traits to vehicle use 'driver only' or 'no gunner'? Also s this a 1 life game then? :)

The7thSeal

Expert
Jan 12, 2013
Lincolnshire, UK
Thanks, If there is any problems with it just message me. I won't be able to fix them until about 2 weeks though.

I played the game/map this morning. Overall, I really enjoyed it, but there were somethings that I noticed:
  • The banked loop on the side is pretty difficult to pull off when going from right to left. Maybe put a shield on the side nearest the Wraith spawn?
  • The Mouse spawn is campable, seeing as there is not soft kill barrier. Same for the ramp on the right hand side (from the perspective of mouse spawn)
  • The aforementioned ramp is, while a pretty nice concept, is a bit anticlimactic. I was expecting a huge jump, but it only flips you a few feet.

TyranicSlayer

Qualified
May 24, 2013
Rabid post: 50985 said:
You say there is an honor rule for not hijacking the wraith, i haven't played this yet so i cant say for sure but i think you can stop them from doing that by setting base player traits to vehicle use 'driver only' or 'no gunner'? Also s this a 1 life game then? :)
Sadly I can't because is you have more than 8 people you have to have passenger enabled To ride on the mongooses. However passenger also makes the wraith vulnerable to highjackers. if you have 9 or less people you can change the human movement to no passenger. Yes it is a one life game because I ran out money to build more

Reactions: Rabid MidgetMan

TyranicSlayer

Qualified
May 24, 2013
I played the game/map this morning. Overall, I really enjoyed it, but there were somethings that I noticed:
  • The banked loop on the side is pretty difficult to pull off when going from right to left. Maybe put a shield on the side nearest the Wraith spawn?
  • The Mouse spawn is campable, seeing as there is not soft kill barrier. Same for the ramp on the right hand side (from the perspective of mouse spawn)
  • The aforementioned ramp is, while a pretty nice concept, is a bit anticlimactic. I was expecting a huge jump, but it only flips you a few
    feet.
sounds good. I'll definitely fix the loop and ramp however with a full game you need more than 10 seconds to drive down.

TyranicSlayer

Qualified
May 24, 2013
[quoteI ="The7thSeal, post: 51086, member: 1116"]Maybe have a soft kill that spawns in after 15 seconds?[/quote]
Yeah I tried that... For some reason the kill zone will always be placed at start.

TyranicSlayer

Qualified
May 24, 2013
TyranicSlayer updated Cat n' Mice with a new update entry:

Cat n' Mice

Hello everyone, I fixed up the kill ball launcher, teleporters, ramp, and several minor errors. I also placed a soft kill boundary around both teleporters to stop campers. The backflip shield is now working( just drive fast straight into the shield in front of the man cannon jump to backflip over). The wraith cannot make this jump making it a perfect escape. However the wraith can get enough air to "pack" anyone driving over the man cannon on the opposite side of the ramp.

Have fun-...

Read the rest of this update entry...

iSpiteful

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2013
Just a quick question. Has the glitch been fixed which caused the wraith to get stuck in certain parts of the map. If the issue is fixed now i would like to get a gameplay of the map to upload :)

TyranicSlayer

Qualified
May 24, 2013
I adjusted the half pipe ramp so it is far less common to get stuck. The other spots have also been fixed to my best ability. However the wraith can get stuck if you really force yourself into position, you should be able to notice if you're going to get stuck and can act accordingly. Have fun!

Reactions: iSpiteful