CASTLE Map Pack - Wild Speculation Thread

What do you want most out of Castle Map Pack?

• Total voters

Titmar

Le Mar du Teet
Dec 23, 2012
Hey everyone, we've finally got our hands on Majestic and boy oh boy, it is a wonderful tasty treat!!

But like any other hyperactive gamer, I am already ready for my next fix.

Lets get some discussion going on what we hope for and want out of the next map pack!

Personally, I would love if the map pack consisted of the following:

1 Small/Medium map
1 Medium/BTB map
1 new Forge map

Here are some concept images of the map pack that we can use to wildly speculate:

Halo-4-Castle-Map-Pack.jpg

http://www.examiner.com/slideshow/halo-4-war-games-map-pack-concept-art-1#slide=endcard

Berb

Master
Dec 30, 2012
I definitely agree with you on this one Tit. I would enjoy three maps, maybe 1 4v4 and 2 BTB, and all being very forge-friendly, like Sandbox and Foundry. I want more maps, but I also want more forge environments.

I doubt that Forge will ever be seriously considered by the developers though.

Reactions: NinetysBorn

Berb

Master
Dec 30, 2012
well i'm hoping for at least something like Tempest.

Nah, Tempest was awkward as shit. If they do have a froge-friendly map, I really hope they have a palette to suit the theme. No more UNSC pieces in forerunner environments.

Titmar

Le Mar du Teet
Dec 23, 2012
i would love a sandbox remake, with the only difference being that the Guardian lasers are toggle-able.

Reactions: Wakko45

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
I am highly doubting any higher forge support than what we saw on Landfall. And knowing CA I don't really want it.

I'm hoping for 1 strong, asymm 4 v 4, a 6 v 6 - 8 v 8 BTB/ squad, and a large BTB.

PA1NTS

Master
Jan 1, 2013
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but i definitely remember reading that none of the dlc will be forge canvases. However, that concept art looks nice and flat and open. Could see some possibilities with that if anything, But I highly doubt it. Why not just give us the structures section to work with:(

Map in the picture looks like a possible new smashy chase map.

Reactions: Wakko45 and Titmar
Jan 16, 2013
Ummmm tempest was awkward but so are all of the current forge maps.... and look what we've accomplished as a community. Think Twice....

Titmar

Le Mar du Teet
Dec 23, 2012
personally i loved Tempest and i'd be really happy if we got something like that.

sure it was a bit difficult to forge on but some cool stuff still came out of it.

part of being a forger is being able to work around difficulties and still come up with a cool halo map.

PA1NTS

Master
Jan 1, 2013
DUN DUN DUN!!!
Video trailer:

Map names: Daybreak, Outcast, Perdition
WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?
Looks like we have an urban themed map, a desert themed map and a grassy cliffs map.

Berb

Master
Dec 30, 2012
Give me at least a little bit of forge in the pack. I'm not even asking for a new canvas, are all forge-friendly maps. Just do to one like Reach did to Tempest. Please, for me?