Halo Capture Cards

maxbomb

Novice
Jan 16, 2014
Hi Everybody,

I do not own my own capture card, but would like to post some of my gameplay to youtube. If somebody could give me suggestions on what to do I would be very grateful.

Even if you do have your own capture card and don't post to youtube I would be appreciative if you could just send me those videos. ([email protected]) I would give you credit.

Thanks!
maxb0mb, Aftershock Gaming

Fuzzle

Wuschelig
Jan 10, 2013
Under the Traveler
I have an elgato, works amazingly well. You should consider buying one, also im sure there are people that offer capturing for their communities somewhere.
I don't have the time to do that for you, but there are several people here with capture cards

kkrotz

Novice
Jan 22, 2014
I have a roxiohd pro. Does a good enough job with 720p video and is a good alternative to the elgato

Z3MAST3R

Flaming Ninja
Jan 21, 2013
United Kingdom
www.twitch.tv
So when I did some research to buy a capture card, a few years ago, it was between two cards, the Elgato and the Hauppauge HD PVR 2 (Gaming Edition).
Both record up to 1080p and are in my opinion the best two capture cards on the market.

There are a few more cheaper options such as the Roxio Game Capture HD Pro and the Avermedia Live Gamer HD. Which are cheaper options if you are looking for something more affordable.

I ended up buying the HD PVR 2 because it was considerably cheaper at the time. I do not regret that decision at all.

The main difference between the Elgato and the PVR 2 is the size.
The Elgato is roughly the same size as a phone and the PVR the size of an iPad.

So, if you want to make this a hobby with an occasional recording, go for a Roxio or Avermedia. But if you are serious about making videos, and think you will use it a lot, get an Elgato or PVR.

At the end of the day, It is all up to you and how much you want to spend.
Hope this helps :)

Jan 29, 2013
I am putting a video together myself (a month or two still before release at this point), and I am in the market for a video recorder of some type. I went to Best Buy a few weeks ago and saw the Hauppauge for $120. The guy told me it was on sale and that it normally ran $170. I didnt believe it would go back up in price, but the next week it did. I was really upset I didn't grab it when it was on sale. I was really surprised too, I thought they ran $200... Next time it is on sale i will be picking it up.