Halo Best Halo Game?

What is the best Halo game?

• Total voters

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
"What do you mean? Do you wish that this was the best Halo game, or mean that it is the best Halo game whether I want it to be or not; or that you feel best at this Halo game; or that it is a good Halo game to be best at?"

"All of them at once," said Shoe. "And a very fine Halo game for an overkill on Lockout, into the bargain."

Dole Sewman

Novice
Jan 20, 2015
Prepare for lots of monotonous reading...

I probably should have clarified whether this thread is about your FAVORITE Halo game, or what is the BEST made Halo game. Either one works, I guess. In terms of multiplayer, I definitely think Halo 4 is the best (kidding). Halo 2's and Halo 3's mulitplayer are both so good, I can't really decide. Reach's is pretty damn good, too.

I think it's hard for me not to select Halo 3 as the best Halo game since it was my first Halo game, and the amount of nostalgia I have for it is monumental. Obviously, my opinion is extremely biased because of this. I bet that most (or at least a decent proportion) of people's favorite Halo game is also their first Halo game that they played.

But honestly, Halo 2 added so much to the Halo franchise without really changing the Halo formula. Just think of all the changes implemented from Halo CE to Halo 2. It expanded the vehicle and weapon sets (dual wielding, too), added new enemy types, pioneered online multiplayer on consoles over Xbox Live. it expanded the lore and the Halo Universe by adding new settings and characters, and so much more. But despite all of these changes, it was still Halo at its core, and it improved on Halo CE's mechanics without breaking any of CE's mechanics. Halo 2 is a near-perfect sequel. Does that make it the best Halo game? Maybe.

Also, ODST is really underrated. But I've rambled on enough. Ending post in 3, 2, 1...

Mar 26, 2015
Definitely Halo 3. I still remember getting the game and playing the campaign and beating it in legendary. And I remember getting xbox live just to play matchmaking and the first map I played on and the time I tested the mic and said "Hello." After that, my buddy list grew and whenever I would hop on xbox, I would look at my buddy list to find everyone online playing Halo 3 and joining those who were playing custom games. Then I noticed people started playing other games and the number of people in my buddy list playing Halo 3 dwindled. Halo 3 just brings back great memories. Game wise, it was great. Dole sewman brings up a really good point. Halo 2 is also a great game. But for me, Halo 3 holds the memories which is why I chose Halo 3 and fell in love with the story when I bought the other two. With Halo 5 coming out, man time flies. I am just hoping 343 can bring it together.